"Yes, judging by what you did to her. She'll never want to talk to you." Ray nodded, which made Norman frown.

"Well that's harsh." Norman mumbled. "But yeah, she'll never talk to me."

Must be why (Y/N) chose the song My boy. "Give her some time, I guess." Ray said, not really knowing what to do. And now both are clueless on what to do.

"She never had friends, you know?" Norman started. "All the people around her made fun of her. Even if she was from a family with a name, all those people would still discriminate."

"And I befriended her, despite of the all the hate they had towards her." Norman said. "Because she was interesting, she wasn't that bad."

"She was just a scared girl." Norman said. "But I broke her even more."

"When we were friends, we would go and hang out at my house or wherever. I had a group of friends, and they came with us as well. She was a cheerful girl, just like-"

"Emma." Ray finished his sentence.

"Y-yeah." Norman stuttered, looking away.

"Man, you're insane." Ray said, shooking his head while fixing his bedhead to the side. "How did you end things with her?"

Norman had a hesitant look on his face. "I broke up with her through the phone." Norman answered in shame.

Ray sighed, massaging his temple's with his hand. Breaking up through the phone was such a cruel thing to do. It's like Norman had no proper manners at all. "Ah, no wonder she won't talk to you. You didn't even talk to her when you bid goodbye."

"I know." Norman said, his head dropping down to the table. "And I want to fix everything."

Ray stares at his uneasy friend with a concerned look. He never had any relationship with anyone, as he devoted his time to studying. Ray, who never experienced that type of lovey-dovey thing, was confused on how to help Norman.

It must have been hard for (Y/N).

Pursuing her to talk to Norman would only flare up the tension of the two past lovers. (Y/N) would be more unapproachable if they forced her. Ray frowned as he thought deeply, this situation was really difficult.

(Y/N) had the every right to be mad because of what Norman did. He understood that. "Just give her some time as her anger simmers down." He adviced, not really sure of the advice he gave.

It was a practical one, because Ray noticed how (Y/N) desperately avoided Norman. Maybe because of anger and resentment or maybe she still had feelings towards him. She might be avoiding for her to be calm.

He remembered how (Y/N) cried just by meeting Norman for the first time within the time she was in the school. It must have been a huge hurtful impact towards her when Norman left her without even talking it over. And to be liked because of another one's personality, not for being her, sounds pretty painful just thinking about it.

There was no excuse that could save Norman. He needs to talk to her and apologize. There was no other way, because what he did was inexcusable.

Ray remembered how Isabella always reminded him as he grew up; A real man never hurts a woman. His mom had reminded him, because Isabella really wanted him to have a girlfriend.

"Norman! There you are." Emma's voice rang from afar. Once she shouted though, she was shut up by one of the librarians. Since the school's library was big, there were multiple librarians.

Emma shook her head, smiling and apologizing to the old lady. "Hey! Mister Leslie wanted to talk to you about the upcoming event or something. So I volunteered to find you! Which was really hard, you know." She said in her cheerful way.

"Oh hey, Ray." Emma smiled.

"Yo." He simply said, putting away his things. Ray was surprised to see (Y/N) looking through books just meters away from him. She seemed not to notice them being there.

"Anyway, let's go!" Emma exclaimed, dragging Norman out of his seat. They walked by each other, their hands intertwined.

Ray stared at his friends' retreating figures as he stands up from his seat. The whole information from Norman was overwhelming, especially when (Y/N) was near.

He glances at (Y/N) who was staring at the two as well. Her eyes deep in melancholy as she stares at Norman and Emma; her sorrowful eyes were filled with jealousy and anguish. Even if she had a blank face, Ray read her expression as clear as he could.

She looked so broken.

Ray felt sorry for she had to witness that. But that's not really his business right? He's just helping Norman apologize towards (Y/N).

That's why he'll get close to her and earn her trust. So that he can easily talk it out of her, and then convincing her to talk to Norman. Yes, that was his plan.

Thankfully, they are a little close which saves the time communicating and starting it all over. He's just helping Norman so that everything will be alright. And he pitied the girl's breaking heart. At least do this so (Y/N) can have a closure.

Surely he won't fall hopelessly in love through the process, right?

A/N:

What a good day to update :)

Also, thanks for the 4K+ reads! Really means a lot! :')

Anyway, big amount of foreshadowing lmao.

Stay tuned for the next update! :D