ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Must be really nice to be bilingual

"Must be really nice to be bilingual." (Y/N) said to Ray, who was currently reading a book. Ray got a damn heart attack after seeing her by his side. "You're reading Florante at Laura."

"So what?" Ray said. "It's for uhm, research purposes."

"Ah, emo boy enjoys romance." She teased. "I would've read that if I knew the language. They say it's a tragic story."

"Well yeah but it has a nice ending." Ray shrugged.

"Didn't you go to Lambda or something?" Ray asked, putting the book back to the shelf. "It's a hellishly prestigious school with advanced education."

"Yeah, they offered subjects for different languages but I wasn't up for it." She said, smiling it off. Sure, she could've handled it if she wasn't depressed.

"Anyway, what's the story actually about?" She asked.

"Go read it yourself." He said, leaving her as he walked.

"What a kill joy." She slumped down, sighing. (Y/N) followed Ray who was walking towards the exit of the library. There they walked their way to class, being stared at by people as they pass.

She became a little anxious with her surroundings. She may come off as someone who doesn't care but actually inside she's overthinking everything; questions and thoughts filling her head.

Stares, those judging stares. The familiar feeling began to build up inside her. Everytime she walked so coldly, according to what she has been hearing, she always thought of the people around her.

Unbeknownst to her, she had gotten closer to Ray unconsciously.

Ray had noticed her discomfort, and was curious on why she was slightly sweating and how she was silent all the way. (Y/N) was surprised when she felt a warm hand holding hers. She was surprised that Ray had held her hand out of the blue, but it calmed her down. She felt a little at ease and found comfort by just them holding hands for the rest of the way going to class.

Well, things got awkward when they got to the classroom though.

"I- uh.. Thanks." She mumbled the last part, looking away. "I'm just going to sit-"

"Please be seated everyone." With the sudden booming voice of the teacher, the students hurriedly made way to their seats. And because they were all frantically going to their seats she was accidentally pushed away making her sit down on an empty seat. How did that even happen? She sighed and just sat properly, facing the teacher.

She realized she wasn't seated besides Ray; Of course she wasn't, after all the student stampede. Instead, who she saw beside her was the person who she literally didn't want to face right now. Yes, it's Norman.

She tried to spot an empty seat around her but every seat was taken. Mentally sighing, she lowers her head. She greatly wished that Norman wouldn't notice; (Y/N) seriously doubted that, as Norman had noticed her now. Great, fate must really hate her.