Chapter 12

That night at Camille O'Connell's apartment . . . .

After her shift at Rousseau's, Camille walks inside her apartment. Setting her tote bag down on the coffee table, she feels a slight change in her stomach.

Camille sits down on the sofa and pulls out her phone from her tote bag. And dials Sophie's phone number.

"Camille, Hi. What's up?" asked Sophie on the phone.

"Hi, Sophie. We need to talk." Camille says, frantic.

⚜️⚜️

After awhile, Sophie has come to Camille's apartment and is performing a magical reading on the brave bartender.

"Oh my gosh. Camille, you're pregnant." Sophie says.

"What? How is that possible?" asked Camille, bewildered.

"I sensed Genevieve was pregnant. But, somehow, she must've magically transferred her fetus into you." Sophie says.

"So, I'm human with a baby." Camille says.

"It's not just a baby, Camille. It's a supernatural baby. You're carrying Genevieve's baby." Sophie says.

Sophie and Camille exchange astonished expressions at each other.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON HOME

In Alexa's bedroom, Klaus and Alexa are asleep, laying on her bed. He's laying behind her, cuddling her.

Klaus's Nightmare

Klaus is laying on the floor in the courtyard of the Mikaelson Compound.

"Wake up, boy. Wake up." says Mikael, echoing. "Wake up!"

Upon hearing the voice of his father, Klaus awakens and sits up straight. He looks around and spots Mikael holding Alexa with a knife to her throat.

Klaus gets up to his feet. "Let her go."

Mikael chuckles. "How sweet. The bastard boy. Falling in love with a human. How pathetic you've become."

"Klaus?" Alexa says, frantically.

"I said let her go." Klaus says.

Mikael chuckles. "As you wish." And slits Alexa's throat with the knife. And lets her go.

"No!!" Klaus shouts, and vamp-speeds to Alexa as she falls into his arms. He holds her close to him. And soothes her hair. "Alexa?!"

Awakening from his nightmare, Klaus sits up sideways. He glances at Alexa, who's asleep. He sits up straight and sighs softly to himself.

Alexa tiredly awakens and sits up straight beside Klaus. "Klaus? What's wrong?"

"A little nightmare." Klaus says.

Alexa gently wraps her arms around his shoulders and leans her head on his shoulder. Klaus gently leans the side of his head on hers.

After awhile, Klaus is laying on Alexa's bed. Slowly walking out of her indoor bathroom, barefoot. Alexa looks at Klaus, playfully, wearing a silk blue knee-length bathrobe.