𝓦𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓟𝓽. 2

Start from the beginning

He walked through with a bit of uneasiness about the surroundings.

"Nothing should pop out and scare me right?" "Gah come on Mingi you're over a lot of fears by now! Get yourself together!" He tells himself.

As he checked, he continued cheering himself on as he walked through the racks of cannonballs. He's familiar with this, it's his job back on the ATEEZ ship. He's the master gunner.

"A scaredy-cat huh?" Chan asks him in an amused whisper.

"Not anymore. My crew has helped me big time be brave."

Chan brushes his hand against Mingi's back making Mingi jump startled.

"Then why did you just jump?"

"Wouldn't anyone?! Who likes being touched huh?!" Mingi said defensively.

Chan laughs and stands in front of him. Mingi squinted trying to make out his figure in the dark.

"Welcome to your trap. I want to see just how brave you truly are."

The goblin giggles excitedly before whispering again to the tall pirate, "let's see if you really deserve being the master gunner, Mingi."

Mingi closes his eyes shut and clenches his fists.

"Since your list of fears was long I'll just put you in your top one!~"

Mingi opened his eyes and gave him a confident smirk, "bring it on, goblin."

Chan giggles again and Mingi looks around him as a thick mist appears him. A light appears behind the mist and the mist slowly fades away. When Mingi could see clearly, he noticed he was back on the ATEEZ ship.

"Ya!! Mingi-ah! What the hell did you do?!" The angry voice of Yunho called out to him.

Mingi turns around to see the 99 line crew members come up to him with upset looks on their faces. What was wrong?

"Why are you so freaking clumsy?! You didn't tell me that you knocked over all the medical supplies in my office!! Now I have to fix them all! Replace them with new shelves! Do you know how hard that is especially when we're nowhere near a town that sells wood?!"

"Yunho I'm sorry but I-"

"He did that to you?! Wow so clumsy." San judged with a scoff.

Wooyoung shakes his head angrily, "Mingi you're so dumb! Tell me how on earth did you manage to do that and then go behind my back and switch out the white paint bucket for the white glue bucket when I asked you to hand it to me earlier!! So now the whole side of the mast that was supposed to be painted white is full of glue!! Captain is gonna kill me when he finds out I did that! It's all your fault!!"

"But this isn't real! I didn't do any of those things! Even if I did I'm sorry..." Mingi said trying to explain to them.

Yeosang rolls his eyes, "you love lying don't you? That's all you do is lie to get by."

"Honest guys! I never did-"

The door to the captain's quarters swings open and outmarches Hongjoong, Seonghwa, and Jongho.

"There he is!" Jongho tells Hongjoong as they March up to him.

"I'm so disappointed in you, Mingi. I expected better from you." Hongjoong tells him.

Mingi felt his heartbreak hearing those words from his dear captain. He hoped he never had to hear them. Sure, he'd mess around with Hongjoong but he'd never go far enough to disappoint him. As he looked around everyone, it seemed that edge disappointed and upset everyone. It was indeed the one big fear he had.