11

Three months of chasing, interviewing, and even secretly exchanging messages with suspiciously dangerous criminals, both Feitan and (y/n) had gotten some information about a man who seemed to be in charge and the boss of most of the criminals in the city.

The man didn't have a name. Apparently everyone called him Boss because no one who worked for Boss knew his real name. Some of them had never even seen his face before but from the information they managed to force out of a few, thanks to Simon, they managed to find out that he'd be attending an underground auction.

This faceless man would be the first step in finding the lost girl.

"Do you think it'll be difficult?" She asked as they both walk towards the entrance.

"No. Take him somewhere private, tie him up, and torture him till he tells us where the girl is at." He explained, tugging on the tight tie he was wearing around his neck.

"We're not allowed to torture him." She stopped him to fix his tie.

"Why not?"

"It's called interrogating. Not torturing, we don't do that to criminals. Not that we could anyway."

"That sucks." He muttered as he wrapped his arm around her waist. She froze, leering at him for touching her but then she figured that it was a good reason to not look suspicious under the guards eyes as they walked inside the party.

Upon entering they both saw people drinking and laughing with their friends. There was a bar at the far end up of the building and a few gambling games on the other side. Dozens of guards walked around with guns hanging from their waists. Upstairs and downstairs, every move would be watched carefully. Whoever this ghost was, was a smart man. He must have known that many would be after him, after all he seemed to be known as the most wanted man in the city. He'd absolutely have protection everywhere, especially in his own home.

"I'll be back." Feitan randomly said, snapping her back to reality. He began to wander off but (y/n) was quick to grab his hand.

"What are you doing? You can't just leave me here alone." She said, her grip around his hand getting tighter as she anxiously stood there.

"It won't take long. I'll come and find you."

"You think I trust you?"

Ouch. That hurt a little. "It's better if we separate. Otherwise we'll never find this guy."

"No. We do this together or we leave."

"You want to miss your chance at catching this guy?"

She frowned and then let go of his hand. "If you run away I'll catch you and drag you back to that cell."

"I wouldn't mind." He chuckled, a playful smirk tugging on his lips as he backed away from her and then disappeared into the crowd of dancing people.

That jerk! She frowned and continued to walk through the crowd. There's no point in arguing with him anymore. He always does what he wants! She kept her head low, feeling the guards eyes leer over her as she began to walk upstairs. The guard hesitated, nodding over to his partner and signaling him to follow her upstairs. He was quick to find her and unluckily for him (y/n) already knew she was being followed.

Maybe he needs to go to the bathroom too? She thought, beginning to put a faster pace in her walking. She figured she'd lose him in the crowded hallway but the man was tall enough to tower over everyone and she was in a dress that was easy to remember.