1

- (b/f), boyfriends name

"It's been a while since you planned a meeting this early in the morning." He heard her sweet intoxicating voice from behind him. (Y/n) appeared in her warmest and coziest clothes, taking the open seat in front of him and quickly ordering her warm drink to the servant who had walked by. "It must be an important job you need me to do if you invite me over for a cup of coffee."

"It's a dangerous job that only you can do."

"I'm flattered but I'm sure many other officers could easily handle this job. Now let's get to the point, I have to get my dogs from their appointment at the groomers and they will make me pay an extra ten dollars for picking them up late." She rolled her eyes, ranting off about the pet groomers.

The chief only smiled, enjoying her usual rant about the groomers. There was never a dull conversation with (y/n), she knew how to make everyone feel comfortable, even if it had been years since you last talked to her she would still somehow manage to make the conversation fun.

"Good morning to you too." He spat sarcastically before thanking the servant who placed the warm coffee in front of him. "Well then, long story short the man was meeting this guy who was paying a ransom for his missing daughter at the train stop. It was supposed to be a quick accidental exchange with their briefcases, one being empty and the other holding about a million dollars."

"Wow. That's a lot of money."

"It is but for him it wasn't, the guy got angry and shoved the other onto the train tracks right when the train came. Hit the man and splattered his body everywhere." The chief continued as he prepared his coffee with tons and tons of sugar. He mixed everything and then took a quick sip, a smile planted on his face when he was satisfied with his coffee.

"What exactly do you want me to do?" She asked as she stared at his cup of coffee and then moved her napkins out of the way when the servant came with her drink.

"Find him."

"Find him?"

"That's all I want you to do. Find that man. There's a criminal on the loose who won't hesitate to kill anyone who gets in the way. I had a meeting and everyone thought you were the perfect officer to be put in charge for this job."

"You mean everyone was too scared to do this job." She chuckled, rolling her eyes.

"More or less but we'll keep that between us." He smiled, laughing before taking another sip of his hot coffee. "Anyway, let's get to the reason why I called you here on your day off. I've been thinking about this for a while now and I've come to the conclusion that you're new partner will be a criminal."

She dropped her spoon into her coffee out of shock, the hot liquid splattering on her but she ignored it. (Y/n) couldn't help but burst into laughter, not believing her chief at all.

"You want me to work with a criminal? That's funny."

"I'm being completely serious, (L/n). The man you're going to work with might have worked with the man you're after. We've talked to him countless of times and he won't spit anything out. Other than trying to capture this loose criminal you're other task is to get the prisoner to trust you...get him to talk."

Her smile slowly disappeared and before she knew it she was standing in front of his cell, looking down at the man who was going to be her partner for the next few months. At the moment he was resting, books scattered all over his floor and as well sketchbooks that had been opened but scribbled over from frustration. She grabbed the clipboard that was placed by his cell and then walked off to have lunch with Janice.