2

"Ever eaten pancakes at four in the morning? It used to be a-"

"Bookstore." He finished her sentence, taking another bite of his pancakes as he looked around the warm restaurant.

"Yeah...how did you know?"

"I used to come here when I was kid-before it was a restaurant." He snapped his fingers over at passing waiter, catching her attention immediately. "Can you get me a few more?" He gave her a gentle smile, the kind that made any girl fall in love with him. The waitress chuckled nervously almost as if she was in a trance. She grabbed his plate and rushed off to get a few more perfect pancakes just for him to eat.

"I'm paying." (Y/n) leered at him, irritated that he was asking for seconds when she made it clear that she only had a few bucks in her pocket.

"And I'm thankful for that." His smile dropped when he turned his attention back to her. "Don't worry, she'll most likely give it to me free."

"What makes you think she will?"

"Because (y/n), I'm obviously an attractive man." He sarcastically spat, watching as the waitress came back with a few pancakes with extra whip cream and strawberries on top. To top it off she gave him a cheerful smile that she wasn't wearing before Feitan spoke to her. The woman was in love with him.

"Here you go! It's on the house." She chirped and then handed the bill over to (y/n) to pay for her own food.

"Thanks, love."

The waitress almost melted in front of him, her smile reaching her eyes as she furiously nodded before walking off.

"Yeah, thanks." (Y/n) scoffed, snatching the bill off the table and stuffing a few bucks underneath the receipt. "Hurry up, I have someone waiting for me at home."

"Oh really?" He glanced up at her before he continued to eat his late night breakfast. In reality (y/n) didn't know whether or not her boyfriend was at home, he left her house before she even woke up, not bothering to say good morning or goodbye but she knew he had left to his mothers the moment she saw that her closet looked emptier than usual. "You have a boyfriend right?"

"Yeah."

"How disappointing." He muttered under his breath as he rested his chin on his palm.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means I feel bad that he's dating a bitch."

"Can you not talk when you're eating?!"She frowned, wanting to strangle him right at that moment instead she scoffed and ignored his rude comment. He only leered at her, rolling his eyes before toying with his food. He was finally satisfied with a full stomach and wanted nothing else but to sleep on a comfortable bed. He felt as if he was living the life and for the next few months it seemed as if things were finally getting better for him. But anything was better than being inside that rotten place.

"If you let me be honest about something," he began, catching her attention. "You work as an officer, a job that should pay well, yet you only have a twenty in your pocket right now...he doesn't work does he?"

She knew who she was talking about, it was a bit embarrassing being the only one working in her house when her boyfriend could easily get a job to help her pay bills. The conversation always ended in an argument and she never bothered him about it again.

She chuckled, "I don't need any help in paying bills."

"So he just stays home and sticks his ass to the couch all day?"

"It's complicated." She said, pulling a necklace from under her shirt to reveal a ring attached to it.

He didn't expect that. "You're married?"