3

"At the start of this investigation many of my partners had clues that led to a specific building outside of the city. The buildings in this small town were used as a factory but now because everyone moved to the city they had been left here to rot and turn into dust. It's a ghost town now." She explained, pulling up in front of an old and unstable factory. "Anything look familiar?"

"Of course not, I told you already that I wasn't involved with drugs." Not being able to handle hearing her voice when he was in pain. He wanted silence and instead he had an annoying ringing in his ear. He threw his head back in the seat and closing his eyes tightly to hold in the pain he was feeling on his left arm.

"You said you were involved in other things. What are those other things?"

"If you're truly a detective then you'll find out later." He gave her a cheeky smile before jumping out of the car. She frowned and then followed him inside, handing him a flashlight and then leading the way inside. She coughed when she breathed the dust and brushed off the spiderwebs that she managed to walk into.

"Are you sure this place is safe?"

"Probably not but we'll separate and look around, don't try to run off or I'll tase you." She warned him before walking up stairs. Feitan sighed, noticing the dozens of cracks and creaks the floor had from upstairs.

"What an idiot." He thought as he took one last look at the first floor before following her upstairs. He stopped for a moment, catching his breath and holding himself against the wall. The stairs creaked loudly, making him cringe from how loud the sound was. "I'm an idiot too, this place isn't stable at all!"

"Find anything?!" He heard her shout from the third floor. He rolled his eyes and sighed loudly before responding with a no. He walked over to a dusty desk and opened the drawers, finding a few files that were covered in dust and ashes. He raised an eyebrow as he continued to inspect the place. It wasn't long before he put two and two together.

"Was there a fire?"

"Fire?" (Y/n) asked, appearing by his side and almost making him jump in fear from how quiet her steps were. "A fire never happened here."

"These files are...burned?" He said, becoming confused as well as he handed them over to her. "Don't worry, they're useless." He said before crushing the paper, instantly turning it into ashes. "I'm going back downstairs, there's obviously nothing here."

"Listen, we can't just leave whenever you want to. Remember I'm the one in charge here?"

"Yeah I know but it's getting dark, and we're in their base. They could come back any moment and kill us. Not only that but I'm fucking bleeding." He pointed to his wounded arm as he tried once again to remind her that he could die because of her fault.

"That's absurd, this place has been abandoned."  She snatched the file out of his hand and skimmed through the information before a loud creak came from the floor above them.

They both look at each other, concerned form the sudden noise.

"What was that?" She asked but suddenly the floor couldn't hold their weight any longer, tearing apart into pieces and then suddenly they were falling from the second floor. They both screamed, their hands reaching out to grab anything to save them but it was too late. They fell through another floor, (y/n) falling on top of him and Feitan breaking her fall. Nasty old water splashed all over them, staining their clothes with mud that would difficult to come off. He gasped, feeling the air out of his stomach leave when she landed on him. He shoved her off, irritated from the day he was having.

"I'm going to kill you." He muttered angrily, rolling to his side as he tried to get over the pain.

"It was by accident! I didn't mean to fall on you."