Chapter 22: Stay

Nick was sweet and all, but Zak really pushed her out of a shell, she didn't even knew she was in. He was after all really sweet towards her, and mean but those are details, but she really liked the shared passion.

Something Nick didn't even dare. See?

Nick is mister nice guy, a true gentlemen and wouldn't do anything without the permission of her.

But Zak... He is the guy every lady desires, we are not going to lie, you can say that you want a nice man, but at the end, a guy like Zak has the most votes. And that was a dangerous call.

She knew it was a bad decision but no doubted, (Y/N) was going to play a dangerous game, where people could get hurt.

-----

The next few weeks we're pretty eventful. And that was actually a lie. (Y/N) and Zak were both troubled. And the team could see that. The last two investigations were special. They got a lot of footage and reactions because the two couldn't stop yelling at each other.

Zak didn't say a word towards (Y/N) because she wouldn't listen anyway, like she told him when she stepped out of his car a few weeks ago. And when he actually tried to get a civil conversation, like on the investigations, it would end in the same way.

(Y/N) snapping at Zak for talking to her, telling him to leave her alone because he would only make things worse. Sometimes he enjoyed it, the fury and the rage that she brought with it. He thought of it as a 'heavy' start of something. It was entertaining to get under her skin.

And she thought about it the same way, but couldn't show it. Or only Zak didn't see it, the others did notice that they were just doing it for the rush they could get out of it. 

To go back to the current situation: they all sat around a dining table at Zak his place. Why at his place you may ask? He obviously had the most room. Have you seen it? 

It is all fun and good vibes, because Aaron made it that way. He felt like it was the only way to get the two back to friendship bases. Or at least not attack each other with every glance they sneaked from each other.

"You guys honestly, killed it. The evidence from the latest investigation is amazing. It is all so clear." Jay said to change the subject to what was at the moment more important. It was their job so...

"You should thank Zak for it." (Y/N) replied looking back to Jay. She didn't even mean it in a friendly way. And that was hearable for everyone. Billy sighed silently with the thought that it was going to start again.

"Me? Oh thanks but you were the one who attached herself to me, because she was scared." Zak replied with a smile.

Maybe it was time for everyone to pack and leave? 

"I did not!" Was the only sentence that was spoken.

The two looked at each other. The others knew it was time. 

"(Y/N)! you want a lift? I'm going home now it's already getting late." Aaron offered. Safe the team, safe call.

"Isn't going to be necessary, I'll drive her." Zak said and (Y/N) only scoffed, rolling her eyes in the process. 

"Alright then, I think we all are leaving then?" One of the guys spoke up. All agreeing to just go away, next week will probably bring the same story anyways.

When the door closed (Y/N) looked with narrowed eyes towards Zak. He was up to something. He always is.

"What?" Zak spoke up while shifting in his seat, twirling his glass with the last bit of liquid inside. Raising one of his eyebrows while awaiting her reaction. Oh he knew what he was doing.

"I don't have time for this." she spoke up while rising from her seat, not wanting to deal with this again. 

"I'm going home."

"Wait." Zak said, standing up himself and taking a hold of her arm while she went to the door. 

"Not again Zak. I'm going to call Nick the pick me up."

"Don't. Just stay."

-----------

Sorry for the long wait guys :///// 

I'm in college now and exams atm. Had a really rough time past couple of months but I'll rent about that later. I hope you all enjoyed the new chap :)