𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝚋𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚗

"oi, where are you taking me?"  kunikida asked as he was being dragged by fukasaku

"oi, where are you taking me?" kunikida asked as he was being dragged by fukasaku. it was late at night seeing as the former finished up late at the agency while the latter patiently waited for him. at first, kunikida didn't want to go through with whatever ordeal was happening. however, seeing as fukasaku (who was quiet and cold at the time) dragged him to wherever she wanted to go, he didn't refuse. in truth, he was quite curious as to what she would do next.

    only their footsteps sounded through the night as the moonlight enveloped them. seeing her holding his wrist and taking the lead made her look like a kid, something she probably never experienced with the way she acted. it made kunikida feel pity for her, but he didn't show it. he didn't think she wanted his pity or sympathy.

    it wasn't until they approached an illuminated sign that did they stop. looking up, he was able to see the sign clearly.

    bar lupin

    'does she need something from here?'

    fukasaku let go of his wrist and walked inside, kunikida following. immediately the stench of alcohol hit them along with wood, making it tolerable for the two. an old man wiping a glass turned to glance at them, recognition in his eyes as they landed on fukasaku.

    'a regular here?' kunikida thought to himself before situating himself beside the ravenette. she was still distant, but the coldness in her eyes melted a bit, a tender look in its place before it faded. kunikida felt his heart skip a beat, realizing that the woman beside him could also show an expression like that.

    a glass of whiskey was placed in front of ravenette while a glass of water was placed in front of the blonde. the two silently thanked the bartender as he left them to their own devices. soft music rang throughout the bar, making whatever awkward silence they had before disappear. in a way, it felt comfortable between the two. too comfortable.

    a squeak left fukasaku's throat, making her cheeks turn a light pink that thankfully went unnoticed. she cleared her throat before speaking again.

    "this is the place that i frequent often." kunikida was unsure as to how to react, seeing as the two were never really close to begin with. this just made fukasaku even more nervous than before. "isn't this what you wanted to know? or at least, what the president wants..."

kunikida realized just how awkward and shy this woman was, often putting up walls around her and seeming cold and distant.  in an environment that she isn't used to (kunikida assumed), of course she would act like that.  anyone would, as a matter of fact.  and so, kunikida took it upon himself to question her, accepting her answers and how she avoided some of his questions.

"how did you find this place?"  he had asked, quickly regretting it as he saw the uneasiness flash through her eyes.  it was nerve wracking really, how easily fukasaku would pull up her walls yet at the same time, how easily it was for her to suddenly lower her guard.  it made him realize that she was forcefully doing it, trusting and confiding in him even though she was scared and wasn't used to it.

"me and some friends would come by here often before and just drink.  it was almost like we were living normal lives."  kunikida nodded, quickly wording in his head his next question. "where are they now?" another look of uneasiness flashed through her eyes, however this time they were accompanied by sadness. kunikida wondered why.

    "one of them is dead," kunikida gulped, mentally apologizing to her for asking such a question. "one of them changed jobs and had to leave. the other one went into hiding, i don't know about any of his whereabouts." kunikida told her his condolences softly, watching as the ravenette nodded. the two sat in silence for awhile, not knowing what else to say after such a heavy topic. a sob broke their silence though, catching kunikida in surprise.

    he turned to look at the ravenette, her arms wrapped around herself as she silently sobbed. her words didn't make sense since she was mumbling them, however kunikida heard at least one thing from her.

    "i miss them."

    it was enough for him to quickly wrap his arms around her, catching her by surprise as her head landed on his chest. hands brushing through her dark locks, she quickly lost herself in the moment. silently weeping in his arms as she clutched his dress shirt tightly in her hands. words were not shared anymore between the two that night, however, it was safe to say that slowly but surely, fukasaku was trusting someone other than four men that were once part of her everyday life.

hello! this chapter is probably the longest one that i've written so far for this book. it was needed since it's a flashback. neways, i'll be editing this book, changing it's style and format. updates will probably be faster now since i'm now writing on an ipad and it's more accessible (to me) than a laptop. the edits will be quick since there's only been eight chapters as of today.

also, little promo here, i made a new book! this book was actually made during my little break. for haikyuu/inarizaki fans out there, this new book is for the one and only, kita shinsuke! he is my favorite character and captain in the whole series, though i'm sad he only got little screen time. if any of you are interested, the book is already up and it is loosely inspired by the anime tada never falls in love. go watch that anime it's so good.

  go watch that anime it's so good