6

So, two days passed and it was Friday.

Yey.

Boun and I had plans for tonight, because Sammy was going to stay at Yacht's house.

But before thinking about partying, I needed it to make it through the day.

And that meant surviving the ballet class.

My alarm didn't ring, so I showed up late to class. Again. 

But oddly, Perth didn't say anything about it.

I was expecting a whole speech, telling me off because I was disrespectful and all that. But nothing.

He didn't say anything.

Unbelievable.

Today Perth was even more distant as usual, if that's possible. He was quiet and distant, but not only with me, with the rest of the class too.

Was it possible that Mr. Perth Tanapon was sad?

Well, now I'm intrigued.

~~~

Later that day, when we were practising pirouettes, Zee approached me with a smile.

I knew he was watching me from the distance, but now he actually walked across the whole room, way to the back where I was just to help me.

"More plié." - Zee stood behind me and grabbed me by my hips, pushing me down and bending my knees further in a demi plié . - "You'll have more impulse and better finishing."

I nodded and tried again.

"Good. Now think about your arms while doing it, they are there to help you. To give you impulse and keep you balanced."

I tried again.

"Better, now be careful when you finish the pirouette . Don't doubt."

"Zee, that's enough with Suppapong." - Perth said from the other side of the room.

What the hell is wrong with him?

"Just doing my job, Perth." - Zee said and turned to smile at me.

"Your job is being my assistant, not spoiling my students."

What? Did someone wake up with the wrong foot today?

"He was just helping me, sir." - I said.

"Who gave you the right to talk?" - Perth replied.

I hate that guy.

Then, something even weirder happened.

Sammy approached me when we were having a ten minutes break and told me she was feeling dizzy. We hadn't had breakfast today because we were late for class. That must have been the reason, yet I still wanted to make sure she had medical attention.

So I walked towards Zee, because Perth being all grumpy wasn't going to help at all, to tell him she wasn't feeling well and that if I could go with her to nursing.

He worried and immediately told me he would do it, not letting me skip the rest of the class.

I simply nodded and looked towards Sam. I gave her a smile and kissed her forehead. Then, Zee took Sammy out of the room.

That's when I heard his voice from behind me.

"You should have told me , not Zee. I'm the teacher here. I make the calls."

Ok, that was it, I was not going to take this any longer.

Once the class was over, I was going to talk to Perth.

I turned around and looked at him.

"I'm sorry sir." - I said, containing my anger and I returned to my spot in the class.

~~~

When the class finished I waited for everyone to leave and approached Perth, faking my best smile.

"Mr. Tanapon can I talk to you?"

"I told you already that I don't speak with students after hours, Suppapong."

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, sorry. Sir. I just wanted to know why you don't like me. I mean it's not like you should like me, but I think that maybe you are not teaching me, like you are not making me corrections and I want to be better, I want to show you I am well trained and that I'm perseverant, and that I can be the lead dancer you are looking for."

"I already know you are not what I look for. You're dismissed."

"No! I mean, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you. Tell me what I can do to improve. I'm begging. Give me corrections, advice, I can take it. I would do everything, Mr. Tanapon."

"You are not strong enough. You need discipline, strength, and not being a crawling baby. All you do is complain, and expect people to surrender to you. That's not how it works."

"Then teach me. Be my fucking professor and teach me!"

"What did you just say?"

"Oh my God, I'm sorry."

"Look, you have real conditions to be excellent. But all you do is compare with others instead of challenging yourself. You think you win because you are better than your classmates, when you should only compete with yourself. The only way I can teach someone like you is with individual classes, that's the only way to show you your errors."

"I can do that."

"You think you can manage a class with me alone?" - He laughed.

He fucking laughed.

"Yes." - I swallowed.

"Ok, let's find out. Three times a week, at nine pm, we start on monday. This classroom. You don't show up late or this will be over. I don't give this opportunity to everyone. But you have proper conditions, Saint. You're just very unrespectful, irresponsible and undisciplined."

"Thank you."

I smiled at him and he stared at me for a second, he seemed to be thinking of saying something else. But then he shook his head.

"You're dismissed."

"You love to say that. Don't you?" - I smirked.

He didn't respond, he just turned around and left.

Well, I feel like I won.

This seems brighter.

At least he made a compliment. Right?

Maybe I do have a chance to be in his ballet after all.

I watched him walk away with a stupid smile on my face and then I took off, I needed to check on Sammy.