𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

────── 〔❦〕──────

────── 〔❦〕──────

EVEN WITH NUMEROUS FLAWS, Elara Astra would claim Slytherin was the best Hogwarts House one could get sorted into. Now that was her Slytherin Pride talking — turning her biased towards believing anything else. Through all the commentary of outsiders, she cherished being a member of this House.

But sometimes she could understand why a few degrading things were spoken.

For one, Voldemort — along with other terrible people — had been sorted into it. This sparked a hatred and fear towards the House of Salazar Slytherin. ( thank you for ruining our image! ) For this, Elara would pose people that singled out a House as ignorant. As not all in the Cunning House turned out remotely close to the past generations of their families or bad. Rude and bluntly mean, most could be — but never evil. There was a broad difference between each, which some did not care to distinguish.

For another, the Slytherins could be complete twats specifically to those they felt disrespected by. They could be ignorant — complete and absolute idiots. The attitude was more than clear now — it had returned and been directed to Harry Potter, the fourth Triwizard Champion.

The Slytherin and Hufflepuff Houses shared a bond like none other. Inadvertently, the ones held responsible were Elara Ambrose, Cedric Diggory, and Draco Malfoy. They were adulated for the creation of this large interhouse companionship. So when either side found out members of their House would be entering their name, support was to be given from either side. If the Champion turned out to be a Slytherin, the Hufflepuffs would be their biggest fans that gave an abundance of sportsmanship — and viceversa.

So when Potter's name was announced after a seventeen year old Hufflepuff Champion had already been selected — both Slytherin and Hufflepuff Houses felt extremely disrespected and irate. They believed Potter was once again trying to reserve the spotlight for himself; stealing Cedric's moment of recognition for himself.

Aforementioned, past the House flaws Elara adored being a Slytherin. She had felt the same frustration — the current state of the entire Slytherin &' Hufflepuff population — when Potter's name was selected. Betrayal that someone ruined Cedric's chance at eternal glory. But she got over it; Ella wasn't stupid like the other Slytherins were presently being.

Elara knew someone had to have entered Potter into the Tournament, with no good intentions in mind. Who out of the goodness of their heart would think to enter a fourteen year old into a dangerous Tournament? That's right — absolutely no one.