𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

────── 〔❦〕──────

────── 〔❦〕──────

"SO THAT 'DIARY' Potter has belongs to someone named Tom Riddle?"

"That's what you're questioning? I don't even care about that part, you can write in it and it replies? What type of–"

"We go to a magical school, Theo. I'm surprised this is the first time we've heard of something like that." Millicent deadpanned from her spot on Elara's broomstick.

The freckle-faced girl didn't like flying by herself — which was why she was sharing the space on Elara's broomstick. Albeit, Millicent Bulstrode was no longer so sure if that decision had been the safest or the smartest. Her answer weighed more on the 'NO' side but didn't voice it. Her best friend was far too busy having fun in the position she was in. Dangling upside-down, feet swinging back and forth as she shifted her charmed Quaffle between her hands with closed eyes. Millie wondered how Elara's brain hadn't exploded yet due to the amount of blood rushing to her head.

The Nott boy grumbled under his breath at Millicent's comment, before sending a Bludger back to Blaise. Cedric and Draco were further away now, chasing after a Golden Snitch.

The mid-February weather was far better than previous days. The sky was a pretty blue with the sun out and shining like the brightest diamond around. Many students were out enjoying the beautiful day. That was the entire reason the five Slytherins and one Hufflepuff were out and about on the Quidditch Pitch. All six of them enjoying each other's company.

Elara knew she always said she wouldn't involve herself with whatever it was Potter and the Gryffindors got into; and well she still wasn't. But she couldn't not share the newfound information she learned to her friends.

Plus, what if she figured out whatever the Diary was used for and it helped the students that had been petrified? Or what if it was connected to the reason the Chamber of Secrets was opened after decades of tranquility?

Part of her wanted to solve that mystery just so the school year could go back to normal.

But with Harry Potter attending school alongside her; she couldn't ever have that, could she?

So she left the mystery handling to the green eyed boy.

Anyways, Potter initiated a conversation with Elara at the library. He had just started rambling, this way Elara wouldn't have had the chance to walk away from him. It was smart (not that she would ever admit it). She had to give it to him though, his thinking —if he had thought it, that was— was impressive. It surprising worked and she remembered standing there, listening to his words until he finished.

During that conversation Potter told her the Diary from Valentine's day belonged to someone called Tom Marvolo Riddle. Elara had not once heard of this person. Potter also told her that the Diary was "full of magic" and when he wrote in it, it would magically respond back to him. There was something else he almost let slip, but Elara didn't question him further or at all. With all honesty, she wasn't sure why Potter had even told her to begin with. But he didn't look like he regretted it.