𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

────── 〔❦〕──────

────── 〔❦〕──────

THE EASTER HOLIDAYS were relaxing for Cedric, Draco and Elara. The third year duo had much school work to get done, though spending the week off of classes at the Diggory Residence made it considerably more bearable. The Ambrose managed to convince her mother, who then convinced Minnie, to allow Elara the pass to leave the Hogwarts premises for just one week. There had never been a time where Elara felt more grateful for the existence of her mother and the Transfiguration Professor than the day before her departure. Gaining permission from Dumbledore was not something the de Fitzroy ladies cared for. If he did not permit Ella leaving for a single week that wouldn't have stopped them from finding ways for the girl to stay with the Diggorys.

The week had just begun and it was already an eventful one thus far. Though the same could not be said for those who stayed in Hogwarts.

Potter kept wandering off to the Owlery, debating whether or not to send a letter to Elara — just to 'check up on her.' Weasley had to keep his friend from spending too much time attempting to write a letter. A plentiful number of crumbled parchments always ended up scattered on the floor of the Gryffindor Common Room. No letter ended up being sent to Elara, which Potter was a bit grateful for seeing as he made a fool of himself in front of the girl enough. He was certain the first letter he'd write to her would only make him look more of a fool — of all things he did not want the Diggory family getting a hold of the better first and laughing at it.

The Diggory family did laugh when it came to Potter — just not for the reasons he'd ever expect. Ella had mistakenly packed the black jumper of the Gryffindor boy in her trunk, instead of her own. When the older boys of the trio noticed — after questioning whose clothing it was — they were quick to drag the girl back downstairs to their parents. One tossed Ella over his shoulder, and the other boy ran alongside them with the jumper in hand. Once the trio were back in the sitting room, the teasing and gleeful laughter began.

The father was a bit hesitant about the entire situation at first. He didn't like the fact a boy gave their jumper to Ella and the fact she actually wore it. Multiple times. Those thoughts soon came to an end the moment his wife began going on and on about how adorable Potter and Elara would be. The way Elara's face began to heat up purely from embarrassment was amusing to them all. As many times as she repeated she would never fancy Potter and how Quidditch was far more interesting — the teasing never diminished.

The married Hufflepuff couple were no longer Mrs. Aurelia or Mr. Amos to the Slytherin twins, but rather mum and dad. Elara and Draco had no shame in saying those words when it came to them. The parents nearly shed tears the first time they were referred to as that — a long family hug was shared at the end of the night.

Elara knew she would never admit it but the way Amos grew protective of her when it came to boys was nice in its own way. She never had a father figure be protective of her in general. It was a big change from how Axel would ever react. That man's plan was to marry his daughter off to a wealthy and pureblooded suitor. In other words Draco Malfoy.