Regret seeped through Amelia's veins as she watched the pain exuding through James' blue eyes. It was during moments like these that she felt incredibly stupid for exerting her frustrations on the man who just needed her help. Tears faintly pricked the corners of her eyes as she whispered, "I should have never gotten involved with you. I should've ... I-"

"I tried to get you to leave," James interrupted her, obviously fuming now. "I told everyone that I didn't need you here. You stayed."

"Because I wanted to help you," she whined softly, a single tear slipping down her cheek, a traitor tear. "But instead I just feel like I keep messing everything up."

An ache stabbed through James' chest as he watched the tear trickle down Amelia's cheek until it hit her trembling lips, which were almost turned upwards into a distressed smile, as her eyes focused firmly on the ground at her feet. He hadn't even noticed that he strode over to her until his hands were caressing the sleeves of her sweater.

"Don't cry," James pleaded ardently.

Amelia kept her blurry eyes trained on the ground between them, determined not to let James see her even more vulnerable than he already had. She wanted to irritably wipe the moisture from her cheeks, get rid of the tears that betrayed her in this moment, but instead, she kept her hands awkwardly by her sides as James rubbed her wrists comfortingly.

"You have helped me," he continued once Amelia didn't respond. "You're the only thing that I can remember that has actually made me feel better. This, whatever this is, makes me feel better."

Amelia's red, tear-filled eyes lifted to meet James' concerned ones now, more tears falling from them at the sincerity of his words. Her eyebrows pulled together as she let her head tilt near her shoulder shyly, her lips squeezing into a thin line, as she tried to express in any way that she could how she was sorry.

"I'm sorry that I can't give you what you want," James whispered honestly.

"Sorry that you can't, or sorry that you don't want to?" Amelia squeaked out, holding her breath to keep the sob that was forming in her chest from bursting through her lips.

James wanted to yell, tug Amelia into his arms, kiss her quivering lips, and shake her all at the same time. His hands left her sleeves to grasp the sides of her face, his jaw clenching a few times, before he mumbled, "You think I don't want to?"

Amelia shrugged her shoulders faintly.

"You think I don't like this?" he breathed, the anger filling his veins now was different than what he had felt before, as his metal hand slid down to wrap around her neck gently. "Do I need to remind you, then?"

The urgency in James' tone mixed with the tingles soaring through Amelia's stomach at the way his hand held onto her neck, firmly but tentatively at the same time, made her nod her head a little too enthusiastically - without any hesitation. Although he sounded angry, it wasn't directed towards her - she could sense the intense passion fueling the anger.

And she wanted more of it.

The hand wrapped around Amelia's neck tightened slightly as James walked her backwards swiftly until her back smacked against the wall - a desirous whimper leaving her lips from the impact that was soon cut off by James' mouth smashing down onto hers. The salt from her tears mixed together with their lips moving in synchronization as he kissed her with more hunger than she had ever seen from him before.