04

Conversation with Jungwon's Friends

Jay
Anyone wanna hangout?

Heeseung
I'll think about it

Sunghoon
yes
no

Jay
bro
hbu wonie?

Jungwon is now walking in the hallway on the way out after classes. He's typing a reply for his friends.

Someone tapped his shoulder.

"Jung-won?" He looked and it was Sunoo.

"Can I uhm, tag along?" Sunoo said shyly, "I don't know the way out."

Jungwon chuckled, then he replied a message to his friends.

Jungwon
I'll make it up next time
Have fun!

"Of course!" He answered.

Sunoo and Jungwon are now walking on the way out of school.

"Sorry if I bothered you..." Sunoo scratched the back of his head, "I recently just moved to this city, so I'm not familiar with the streets yet."

"No, it's alright!" Jungwon assured, "Do you want me to tour you around?"

"For real?" Sunoo was surprised and excited.

Jungwon nodded.

"Let's go!"

"Wow! There's so many stores!"

Sunoo exclaimed as soon as they got off the bus.

Jungwon paid for the fare and walked with Sunoo. He brought Sunoo to downtown where a lot of malls and food stalls are open. A lot of people are walking around. The streets are filled with colorful lights from the different establishments around it.

"This place is beautiful." Sunoo muttered while looking at the food stalls. "And that's yummy!"

Jungwon chuckled, "This place is much more beautiful and lively in the day."

"I wish to see it again soon," he muttered, then looked at Sunoo.

"I'm hungry." Sunoo.

"Yah, eat slowly!"

Jungwon laughed after Sunoo choked. He handed him a water bottle, "Here."

"Thanks." Sunoo, "Their tteokbokki's the best!"

"Yeah!" Jungwon agreed, "And if we go by that street, there's a small cafe, their menus are the best too!"

"Really?" Sunoo was excited, "Wait, what time is it? Oh, it's only 6, want to go there? My treat!"

"Wow! Let's go!" Jungwon and Sunoo immediately walked and reached the cafe nearby.

"It's closed."

Jungwon read the sign by the door of the cafe.

They looked at each other.

Then they bursted out laughing.

Jungwon held his stomach, "Wah, my stomach hurts so much, stop laughing please!"

Sunoo laughed even more, so did Jungwon.

Jungwon noticed that Sunoo was really bright and bubbly, like him. It's his first time laughing like this again after a long time.

"That was funny." Sunoo wiped his tears after laughing so hard, "That means I'll have to treat you next time then."

"It's a promise then." Jungwon.

"Promise." Sunoo smiled brightly showing his teeth and his eyes almost closed.

Jungwon went home after parting ways with Sunoo. They live in the same neighborhood which means they'll see each other a lot, might as well walk to school together.

He smiled at the thought of Sunoo.

"Let's add each other on SNS." Jungwon.

Sunoo looked at him confusingly.

"SN- what?"

"SNS." then Jungwon realized, "Don't tell me you don't kno-"

"What's an SNS?" Sunoo asked innocently.

Jungwon scratched the back of his head, "Wait uhm, do you have a phone?"

"Phone?" Sunoo repeated, "That thing that humans use everyday?"

Then he motioned a small rectangular shape in the air.

Jungwon nodded in amazement, "Did you live in the province before?"

Sunoo thought for a while, then he smiled.

"Yeah."

Jungwon chuckled in his thoughts.

"He's something." Then he smiled.

~~~

ㅡimages are from pinterest !