Chapter 21 [My Love]

Start from the beginning

The two arrived in the room the Lunarian had previously been in, but they saw it was empty, "Where is everyone?"

"They woke up early today," the sudden presence of another voice nearly made them jump, but it was just Kongo-sensei so they calmed down, "The Lunarian isn't here anymore."

"Oh... so it returned to the moon?" asked Rutile, a genuine and highly possible probability. 

But Kongo-sensei, to their confusion, shook his head, "No, it has left, but not to go back to the moon. It won't come back."

Y/N slightly narrowed his eyes, that was a very vague explanation as to why a massive fucking monster just disappeared into the thin air, but somehow he knew that was all he was going to get. The two bid farewell to their sensei and made their way to the infirmary, apparently, Rutile wanted to show Y/N something special. She herself seemed very happy about it so it must have been something good, or maybe she was just giddy about last night, who knows~? Y/N himself was a little giddy but that's beside the point.

"Take a look," the doctor climbed a ladder to pick up a bowl from a high cabinet. 

When she climbed down Y/N could see what she was so happy about. In the wooden container was a familiar red substance. He immediately recognized it as his Red Matter, but it wasn't in its liquid state. No... It was crystallized. Y/N couldn't hold himself back and touched the red gemstone, it was hard. Corundum levels of hardness, around 8.5~9, a perfect fit for...

"...Finally..." Y/N breathed a sigh of relief at finally seeing the Red Matter he put in that bowl so many, many years ago finally crystallized, "Do you think it's enough?"

Rutile glanced at the amount of solid Red Matter in her hands, and quite frankly, she didn't know, "I'm not sure. If not I can substitute the missing few shards with ruby."

The important part now was to hope that the amount of Red Matter Y/N provided hundreds of years ago would be enough to repair her. Who? Why Padparadscha of course. That's why Y/N gave Rutile a sample of Red Matter, to hopefully find a solution to fix Padparadscha. Rutile has tried many substitutes to corundum in her career, but none worked for the long run on Padparadscha. She would occasionally wake up but then fall back into a deep slumber, not a day later. The doctor went to place the solid red gemstone on a table before walking over to the corner of the room where a familiar, large wooden box resided. With some help from Y/N, they dragged the box to the table with the Red Matter on it before getting rid of the lid.

The sight of the lustrous red hair always managed to make Y/N stutter for a second, he just wishes he could see it more often

The sight of the lustrous red hair always managed to make Y/N stutter for a second, he just wishes he could see it more often. Being able to see it, to see her up and about every day was a hope neither Rutile nor Y/N were willing to give up just yet. Y/N sat by Rutile's side as he watched her tirelessly begin to work on sculpting the crystallized Red Matter to fit the holes across Padparadscha's body. Each and every single little detail was crafted with fine precision, and when Rutile finally got to actually putting the pieces into Padparadscha's body they fit very well. So well Y/N could see them slowly slide down into the holes, that's how accurate Rutile was with her sculpting. There was nothing left for them to do now other than hope.