Chapter 2: A New World

Start from the beginning

I could tell the king was going to be a problem in the future just by the way he was acting towards me. After me the guy with the shield introduced himself to the king.

"My name is Naofumi Iwatani and I am the Shield Hero" he said

The king ignored the guy and went on to explaining to us what we as heroes would have to do. Honestly I felt bad for Naofumi, it was rude to just ignore someone, especially that someone who was going to be saving him and his people. That was an instant red flag in my mind but for now, I was just going to let the king to continue to talk. After the introductions the king explained to all of us as summoned heroes we had an incredible power, it was a blessing from God. He then explained to us that we the heroes would fight against the Waves of Calamity and defeat the monsters that come from the portals the waves create.

Once all of the waves had stopped and were defeated for good, our weapons would then send us back to our worlds in what the king called “a more favorable condition”. He also emphasized that we could also choose to stay and if we did we'd be treated as heroes for the rest of our lives. While that Motoyasu guy was excited about that second option, I knew that I needed to return back for Tia. Hopefully she'd be okay before then and knew I didn't just run away from her or anything like that.

"As of right now, the five of you are nowhere near strong enough to fight the waves, so tomorrow you all will be accompanied by a group of volunteers that will help you fight monsters and level up" the king told us all

With that, we all went to a room to rest for the night before all of that was to happen

Bedroom

In our room, we learned how old we were, Itsuki was 17, Ren was 16, Motoyasu was 21 and Naofumi was 20, the same age as me. We all learned even more about one another and the world that we were now in. Apparently this kingdom of Melromarc and its king Aultcray were apart of a even larger world. From what Motoyasu, Itsuki and Ren explained it was a like a fantasy game they played. While they game may of been similar, each one game they were talking about had a different name and was played differently. That stuck out to me as it did them, from there we all discovered more differences between us. Eventually we came to the conclusion that we were all from different universes and different Japans.

"Man this is hurting my brain more then being in a new world" I said holding my head

"Wait, that's the only part that confuses you?" Naofumi asked

"I mean yeah, at least I can explain this like some sort of Isekai situation not the different universes" I answered

"Either way, we need to learn more about this world and how it works" Itsuki said

"I'm pretty sure it works like a video game" Ren said

"That would mean all of us would have like a status window and an inventory menu" I said

Right away I saw a status window pop up in front of me, it had my name, my level, my skills, my stats and much more. Apparently my health was high but my defense was low, also my ranged attacks were stronger then my melee attacks. It made sense to me considering what my weapons was, poor Naofumi on the other hand. They guy had zero attack power and only a high defensive stat.

"Why am I the one who gets crapped on?" Naofumi asked disappointed

"Your weapon is the shield" Motoyasu said