I made a promise.

"Fischl's taken the day off?" Bennett looked disappointed.

"Yes, the expedition she had yesterday took longer than expected, and there was some trouble too." The boy's expression changed from disappointment to concern in a second. "Don't look so down, she's fine, she was really tired when she arrived though."

"I hope she's resting properly..." He sighed. "Well, guess I'll have to do things alone again. Is there any commission available right now?" Even if Fischl wasn't there, he couldn't pass up an opportunity to go on an adventure.

"Are you sure? You can just take the day off if you want."

"I am! I don't like taking days off when I could be taking commissions."

"Well then, if you say so.. There's a couple of hilichurl's camps near Windrise, there's a lot of them, so be careful, alright?"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine! I'll be going then too, I want to wrap this up quickly." He hurriedly went off to the location of the camps.

At least they were pretty close to the city of Monstadt.

As he always did after he started going on adventures with his friend, he was standing on top of a small cliff that was near the first base.

Five, seven.. Ten. There's one big guy but the rest should be easy and fast.. I hope.

He had no time to be sneaky, he wanted to finish this quickly. Bennett jumped and hit the ground with a heavy slash that he imbued with pyro... It hit no one.

"Well... This is embarrassing."

All the hilichurls that were present quickly grabbed their weapons and charged. The boy, with a fiery glance, imbued once again his sword with pyro thanks to his vision, and slashed the grass around him, creating a fire ring where he attacked. Taking advantage of the confusion, he started to pierce through every foe that his eye met, and did so surprisingly well, killing all the normal hilichurls that were around him.

"Guess I still have some good luck left from her, hehe... Ah crap."

He felt the presence of the Mitachurl right behind him. He didn't have time to react when he received the hit of an axe on his back, sending him flying from across the camp. Thankfully, the mitachurl's axes didn't cut through the human body.

When he hit a rock, he had a burning feeling where the Mitachurl striked, when he looked up to his enemy, he saw that it was using a Blazing axe.

Bennett stood up ignoring his pain, and ran towards his foe.

Taking advantage of his superiority in speed, he slashed the Mitachurl's legs in quick, successive strikes to weaken him. After some seconds, his enemy fell on his knees, and he took the chance to strike right in his neck, killing him.

When the Mitachurl fell, he also did, exhausted from moving so much right after he was hit.

"I'm going to feel that for a while.. Still- Gh, still have one more camp though."

He stood up, picked up his light sword and went to where the other camp was.

There's.. five? No, six.. Well, at least they're less, there's still two big guys though.. I think I can handle it.

This time, he went in more carefully, entering from a small gap in the back of the camp, and then killing the hilichurl that was near it. After that, he waited until all of them were close, and with his sword already on fire, rushed on them, jumped, and struck the ground, setting on fire the shields of the two Mitachurls and killing 2 more normal hilichurls. That was a good start.

He got back on his feet, but tripped over a club that was near, falling into the grass that was on fire. He groaned and stood up again, doing a diagonal slash while doing it, killing the last hilichurl.