Blessed by the Eternal Night

Start from the beginning

Not so long after, the Mitachurls were on the ground, defeated. "We.. We did it!" Said the gray-haired boy, panting a bit. "Well.. it was no surprise that these insignificant foes were no match for the Prinzessin power!" Said the eyepatched girl, also panting a bit from exhaustion.

After a short rest beside the fire, Bennet stood up. "Anyways, there was only one commission left to take so I kinda signed it without thinking too much about it, let me see what it was now." As he read through the paper, concern filled his face. "Umm.. Maybe we should give this one to a team, it seems too much for two people.. It's a hilichurl camp, but it seems to be a big one.. So that's why Katheryne looked concerned"

"What is it that worries thyself? Fear not, for I, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, shalt strike down every foe that stands in our way with my ensorcelled arrows of judgement!" She posed dramatically as she said that. "And Oz, the raven that has witnessed the demise of countless worlds, will watch over us in our journey." In truth, she just wanted to spend more time with him.

"Mein Fraülen, I'm afraid we should trust the poor fellow, for the safety of both."

Bennett was silent for a moment after the speech that Fischl gave. ".. You know what? You're right! Nothing bad has happened until now, and the previous battle went perfectly, so I must have good luck today! I'm sure we can beat these hilichurls!"

"Well said! Then, shall we get going?" They both went to the location of the camp, with a worried Oz behind them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long while of running and defeating monsters in the way, they arrived at the previous capital of Old Monstadt, which was now called Stormterror's Lair.

"Woah.. It's the first time I've come here, it's kinda.. Pretty in it's own way" Bennett said, looking at the cloudy sky. "I've heard that it's always like this, so this time it isn't on me." He chuckled a bit.

"Hmph, mine own self has been through this place of the mortal realm countless times."

"Yes, me and Mein Fraülen have been here some times before while scouting for the Adventurer's Guild."

"That's awesome, Prinzessin!" The boy exclaimed, causing Fischl to blush a little and look the other way, most of the time people would thank or praise Oz instead of her.

"Ehem.." She regained her mighty composure. "Let us not engage in more useless chatter, for we must punish the sinners residing in these lands."

"Oh right, the commission!" Bennett quickly looked at the paper. "It should be.. Right over there, let's go!"

The travel wasn't long, but there were a considerable number of other monsters and traps in the way, which they miraculously avoided, Bennett was obviously confused, if this was like any other day, he would've had a lot more injuries, or even worse, he would've been toast or he wouldn't be able to even make a step.

A lot of questions were in his mind, the main one was why today of all days, his chronic bad luck didn't act on him? Maybe it was a miracle, or...

"The journey beside us won't taketh long."

Maybe it was due to the girl standing right beside him, she did say she was blessed by the night or something like that. Maybe letting her join him wasn't a mistake.

"Hehe"

"Hm?" Fischl looked at Bennett. "Wherefore art thou laughing?" She turned back to him.

"Oh? Oh no, it's nothing, I was just thinking about why I haven't had bad luck today, don't worry about it." He wasn't going to tell her that he thought it was her doing. Fischl just smiled a bit and then continued on.