Ep 3/Chap Five

Clarke was currently working on Jasper while his moans of pain kept echoing throughout the camp. Everyone around camp was complaining about him, including Murphy.

Speaking of Murphy..

Him, Bellamy, and I were currently practicing knife throwing. Although, I definitely don't think I need it.

"That damn kid, always messing with my head." Murphy groaned in complaint, after the tenth time of missing the target.

"Or you just suck." I proposed, lazily gesturing my knife towards him before throwing it into the trees bark, making it land exactly at my target.

"Yeah, and it's not like he'll be here for much longer. Come up with a new excuse." Bellamy then threw his axe and also landed it.

I widened my eyes and smack him harshly for implying that Jasper was going to die soon. He hisses and rubs the back of his head where I had hit him. "Shut up, Bellamy."

"Alright.. sorry.." he mumbled.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you."

"I said I'm sorry." He said more clearly this time and cleared his throat when he saw the weird look Murphy was giving him.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. And Murphy—" I cut myself off.

Murphy looks to me expectantly. "Yeah?"

"Just don't be— I mean- stop being stupid." I nod awkwardly to him.

With that, I walk away from the two boys and start heading towards the drop ship.

"Not possible!" Bellamy called after me. I shake my head when I hear a less deeper voice yelling 'hey' in clear offense to that.

"You let my little sister, who is nine years younger than you, scold you..?" Murphy questions Bellamy, dumbfounded.

"She scares me, alright?
What if.. what if one day she gets really mad at me and stabs me in the back. Literally."
Murphy looks un amused by this.
"No, I'm being serious! She could, I don't know, slaughter me! She killed a panther. With a knife too. How does a person do that? Let alone a fourteen year old. Imagine how easily she could kill me." Bellamy was whisper shouting by the end of his rambling.

"Whatever man."

__________________________________

I entered the drop ship to see Clarke still tending to Jasper.

"Clarke maybe you should—" blondie cuts me off before I could finish my sentence. "No, I'm not taking a break." I could hear the frustration in her voice so I purse my lips letting out a quiet 'ok' instead of arguing with her.

I lock eyes with Monty and Finn and they both shrug. Guess they already tried getting her to take a break as well.

"The Grounders cauterized the wound. Saved his life." Clarke spoke aloud.

"Saved his life so they could string him up for live bait. Garden of Eden this ain't." Finn scoffed.

"This is infected. He could be septic. Any progress on using the wristbands to contact the Ark? Monty?"

"Hi Monty!" I wave at him. He gives me a little wave back before answering Clarke.

"That would be a firm no."

"Bummer." I shrugged.

Clarke sighs, "My mother would know what to do."

"Also a bummer that she isn't here.." I trailed off realizing, that I should stop talking.