Language

Tony's POV

"Analysis of HYDRA compound #853 is complete, sir. Would you like me to begin synthesizing a suitable antidote?" At the sound of JARVIS, I jerked awake, nearly falling out of my chair. Bruce was already at the monitor, typing away. 

"Shit! We did it!"

"JARVIS is ready to synthesize the antidote. If this works in three hours tops and we should be able to administer it." He continued typing and then looked at me. "Here goes nothing."

"JARVIS, begin synthesizing." 

Y/n's POV

A pounding ache fills your head as you slowly open your eyes. Bright lights. Blurry faces. The dread of facing another HYDRA agent quickly fills your chest.

Then you hear a familiar voice. 

"Buck. Bucky! Wake up, she's coming to!" Steve. 

Slowly your eyes adjust and you see him standing at the foot of the bed you're laying in. Your entire body aches as you try to piece together your surroundings. A small hospital room. You look down at your hands. No cuffs. Just a pale glow of lavender. You look at Steve and smile weakly. "Hey, old man," you croak out.

He smiles and walks to your side. "How do you feel, Y/n? It's good to see your eyes open."

Taking stock of how you felt, you tried to sit up and were immediately met with a ave of nausea and a splitting pain in your head. "I feel like shit, Steve. Although not as bad as you look." The blonde man did look ragged. Dark circles marred his handsome face and he looked like he hadn't had a decent nights sleep in a long time. 

Steve chuckled. "Language." You smiled at him and that's when you heard his voice.

"Y/n?" You turned your head quickly, a little too quickly. Bucky. Happiness flooded your body as he sat down on the edge of your bed. Tears threatened to spill over your eyes as you cupped his cheek.

"Hey, handsome. I thought I'd seen the last of you." He took your hand form his cheek and placed a kiss in the palm. 

"You couldn't get rid of me if you tried, I love you too much." You smiled at each other for a sweet, but short moment.

"What happened? How did you find me? Where's Otto? Wha-" 

Bucky cut you off. "We can catch you up on everything, soon. For now, rest. You've been through hell. We all have. Let's enjoy having you back amongst the living."

Steve nodded in agreement. "There's quite a few people who want to say hello."

After a bit of arguing, and a lot of convincing on Steve and Bucky's part, you agreed to leave the infirmary in a wheelchair. Probably for the best, just standing up to get in the wheelchair left you feeling like you'd been through an extra rough training session with Nat and Steve. Bucky pushed you down the hallway and to the elevator as Steve walked by your side. Anticipation grew as the elevator dinged down the floors to the residential floor. When the doors opened you saw the Avengers standing around the living room. Your friends- no your family, you thought. Nat turned and smiled widely when she saw you.

"Hey Y/n, long time no see." She wrapped her arms around you hugging you gently.

"Hey Nat, I take it you braided my hair? I might have to make this my new look." She chuckled and Tony walked over.

"Alright, alright, girl talk later. My turn." Nat stepped out of the way and Tony held his arms open.

"Don't take this the wrong way, kid, but you look like shit." He smiled so hard his face might've cracked and wrapped you in a tight hug. You felt your still healing bruises ache in the embrace and flinched. 

"Hey Tony, you're crushing me." 

He pulled back. "Sorry, you had me worried there for a while." 

Steve and Bucky helped you from the wheelchair to the sofa. Bucky placed himself beside you and wrapped an arm protectively around your shoulders. The rest of the Avengers came and went from the room.  As you caught up with your friends and they tell you about infiltrating the HYDRA base, Bucky never once leaves your side. Slowly, the sky outside the tower window turned dark and you stifled a yawn.

Bucky stood from his spot on the sofa. "Let's get you to bed, darling. They'll all still be here tomorrow." You told everyone goodnight and Bucky pulled the wheelchair over to you. 

"I'm not riding in that again," you said, rolling your eyes. 

"Yes, you are." Bucky and Steve say in unison. 

"No, I'm not. I'm fine I can walk." You try to prove your point by standing, and quickly collapse back on the couch.

"That was magnificent, great job," Tony applauds from the kitchen. "Remind me to not let you teach my future children how to walk." You shoot him a glare and raise your arms to Bucky. 

"Carry me? Please. That thing is so demeaning." He laughed and scooped you up in his arms. You wrapped your arms around his neck and nuzzled in enjoying the warmth and feeling of safety. When you reached your room, he placed you in your bed, pulling the heavy quilt over you. Sleepiness made your eye lids heavy and you quickly started to doze. You heard Bucky moving about the room, closing the curtains and turning off the lights. His footsteps carried towards the door and you quickly sat up. 

"Bucky, don't leave me." The thought of him leaving made your heart race as you remembered all the days in HYDRA's captivity without him. 

"I wouldn't dream of it, doll. Just shutting the door." Your heart slowed as you laid back down and he climbed into the bed next to you. He pulled you against his chest and placed light kisses across your forehead and cheeks.

"You'll never know how much I missed you, doll. For a while...for a while I thought I'd really lost you." Tears ran down his cheeks as you pulled each other closer. You wiped the tears from his cheeks with your thumbs and held his face in your hands. 

"James Buchanan Barnes, you saved me. Steve and Nat told me everything you did to be able to come and rescue me. They told me that you were the one who found me and carried me out of there. Nat said you didn't leave my side in the hospital until I woke up. You will never lose me. I'm your's. Always." 

You pulled his face to your's and shared your first kiss in months. Sparks ran through you from your lips to the tips of your toes. When you pulled away, Bucky was smiling and you knew, you were finally safe and home.