Better Left Unsaid (Traumatized Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Never thought I'd see Captain Levi so whipped," one of them barked with a laugh.

"Stuff it, toad-face," (f/n) snapped without missing a beat. "Mind your own business."

The MP's only chuckled, causing (f/n) to tense up. Levi wasn't too happy about it either, but he placed a hand on her arm and murmured, "It's better if we ignore them."

(F/n) nodded her head, agreeing with him even though she clearly wasn't thrilled with the idea. After all, most of the people here knew they were Scouts, and getting into a fight could reflect poorly on their regiment. As annoying as it was, they would have to refrain from giving those pigs what they deserved.

But even though the couple turned their faces away, the MP's wouldn't quit. When they noticed that (f/n) and Levi were purposefully ignoring them, they rose from their chairs and went to stand at the couple's table. In fact, they were so close that Levi could smell the alcohol wafting around them.

"Say, Levi, does she tie your shoes for you, too?" one of them drawled, igniting a chorus of laughter from the others.

(F/n) discretely asked Levi if he wanted to leave, and he nodded. It was clear that the MP's were intent on bothering them, and with fighting off the table, this was the best option. Together, they stood and turned to go.

"Hey...hey, Levi!" one of the MP's slurred. "Do you call her 'Mommy'?"

His companions thought the idea was hilarious. They proceeded to add in their own mocking comments – getting progressively lewder with each sentence. All the while, they were laughing so obnoxiously that they could barely get the words out.

(F/n) shook her head in disgust. She reached for Levi's hand, eager to leave these irritating pigs behind them. However, Levi stood frozen, his eyes staring at nothing, that one word resonating with him in the worst possible way.

Mommy.

------------------------------------------

While he was once again playing in the dusty hallways by himself, Levi found a small, colorful object on the ground. Thinking that his mother would like it, he rushed back to the room they shared, excited to show it to her as soon as possible. Already, he was picturing the delighted look on her face when he handed her such a pretty present.

He pushed open the door, happily announcing, "Mommy, look what I –"

He stopped suddenly when he realized they weren't alone. A man was here, looming over his mother on the bed. And rather than her usual, tender smile, Kuchel wore a devastated expression as she stared at her son.

"Levi!" she gasped "Go back outside!"

However, Levi remained frozen, not understanding the sight in front of him, but feeling the wrongness of it anyway. It frightened him. "Mommy, what's going on?" he quavered.

"Levi..." Kuchel began, her tone pleading. Then she turned to the man on top of her. "Please, just wait until he leaves."

But the man only laughed, coarse and cruel. "I don't think so, Mommy," he drawled. "I'm on a schedule, and I'm getting what I paid for."

Levi could only stand there, paralyzed, forced to watch what happened next. His mother was begging him to leave, begging the cruel man to wait, but her pleas went unanswered. Instead, the man held her down roughly, chuckling as he muttered the most awful things.

"Do you like that, Mommy?"

"That's right, show the boy what a slut his mommy is."