𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷

Start from the beginning

"I- I do," Tubbo answered softly. "I was a little bit surprised. You said- you said you wouldn't do anything, Techno, but then you-"

"Yeah, and you said you were on our side!" Tommy cut in, pointing a finger at Techno. "You only came to the SMP to be on our side and then you betrayed-"

"I came to the SMP to destroy the government," Techno interrupted.

"You know what," Wilbur stopped speaking for a moment, "Let's go to the combat pit. Let's settle this with a little violence, shall we?"

You tried to settle the situation. "Wilbur, I don't think that's a good-"

"I say we make it no armor. Fists too, for a proper long-"

"Wilbur. Stop. This isn't rational," you broke in.

"Y/n, it's fine." You turned to face Tommy with a raised eyebrow. "I want to do this. I want payback for you and Tubbo."

"But- I don't think there needs to be infighting," Tubbo said quietly. "It doesn't have to end this way. I mean, it was you three versus, what- like twenty people. I don't- I don't blame you, Techno."

"Schlatt had no armor, neither did Quackity," Tommy hissed. "Fundy and Punz were all you had to worry about. And you still kill him."

Tubbo hesitated, a frown crossing his face. "...Alright. Let them duel in the pit."

-----

"The rules are as follows."

Tommy and Techno stood across from each other, expressions grim and revealing none of the whirlwind of emotions occurring in either of them.

"The first person to either subdue the other or make them surrender will win," Wilbur stated. "No weapons will be allowed, nor armor or other items to ."

"Are you sure you want to do this, Tommy?" you asked, voice quiet. "It doesn't have to end this way. You don't need to settle your feelings with your fists."

Tommy gave you a bittersweet smile. "I'm sorry. I have to."

"Okay, I guess," Techno said awkwardly. "Win or lose, no hard feelings. What happens in the pit, stays in the pit."

"Fine. But just so you know, you betrayed us, Techno. You betrayed me," Tommy spoke, raising his fists to cover the lower half of his face.

"I was peer pressured," Techno reiterated, doing the same.

"You can't- you can't just keep saying that as an excuse! You can literally fly with that trident of yours!"

"It's powered with rain, it's impossible!"

"But still, it was what- four, five people, half of them unarmed?" Tommy wound one arm back. "That's nothing for you, isn't it." He released the punch.

Techno dodged it, letting it graze his sleeve, before returning it.

"Yes..." Wilbur breathed, "Get it out, Tommy. Think of what he did!"

Tommy frowned and he threw another punch, this time hitting Techno hard on the shoulder. It didn't go uncompensated, as Techno aimed at Tommy's stomach. Tommy staggered back a few steps before snarling and going back in.

"There we go, there we go..." Wilbur's smirk grew and he watched the fight with widened eyes.

Neither opponent talked, both focused on beating the other. Tommy's hits grew sloppier with anger and time, while Techno seemed only to be fueled by the bruises on his arms and blood leaking from his nose.

Techno's fist made contact with Tommy's jaw, and a faint crack could be heard. Niki grabbed your hand and you squeezed it tightly.

"Wil, you need to stop this," you called. "It's out of hand."

Wilbur shook his head. "No... c'mon, Tommy, keep on going."

The blonde's eyes narrowed. He prepared a punch, trying to ignore his rapidly brusing body, and threw a sloppy cross that just barely hit Techno's lower ribs.

"Don't you know how much you've hurt us?" Tommy yelled, glaring at the pinkette in front of him. "Don't you know what you would do when you killed Tubbo?"

"I knew the consequences!" Techno said back, voice raising to a shout. "But did you try and help me? Did you do anything for me? No!"

"You could have handled it by yourself!" Tommy retorted, before scoffing. "You know, when you joined us, I really thought that you'd change. But now it seems like you're just the same as you've always been."

Techno froze in his spot. A whirlwind of voices passed through his head. KILL HIM. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. POGGGGG! DO IT. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. KILL HIM. LMAOOO LET'S GO. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. GET HIM. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

Something flashed in Techno's eyes, a dangerous but oh so subtle glint.

He ran towards Tommy, hitting him with a fierce kick before grabbing his arm and twisting it. Tommy gasped in pain and tried to wrestle out of Techno's grip.

Your breath caught in your throat as Techno pulled Tommy into a chokehold, arms locked in. Tommy kicked against the older male, hands grasping onto thin air, before he slowly stopped moving.

"Techno, stop." Niki's voice trembled as she spoke. "Please. It's enough."

Her words fell on deaf ears.

-----

1391 words (without a/n)

Header by @/ArtLinXin on Twitter

ooookay i didn't really have much inspiration for this chapter but then it's friday night and then woah wait it's actually kinda long. uh, yeah! (for clarification, since tommy didn't die in the l'manberg revolution, he does here.)

hope you liked the chapter! if you did, drop a vote, maybe a comment, and maybe a follow. see you when i do :D

-Partially Human