Chapter 10 : Trust Me

. . . 🌼 . . .

Birds chirped in the sky, indicating the beginning of a new day. Fortunately, the heat had reduced that day, not like the last day.

The managers decided to leave (Y/n) to have some more sleep as they took care of preparing breakfast for everybody.

"Otonashi-san and I will go wake everyone else up, we'll leave the plates task for you." Aki said to both Fuyuka and Haruna as the purple-haired girl nodded with a smile, content with the task.

After waking everyone else up, Aki walked to (Y/n)'s room and softly opened the door as she purposely left her at the end of her list, but before she could say anything, she was met with the figure of Hiroto with his index on his lips, telling her to keep quiet as (Y/n) seemed to be sleeping peacefully by his side.

"I will be there in 5 minutes." Hiroto whispered ever so quietly to avoid waking or startling the girl next to him.

Aki smiled sadly and nodded before closing the door behind her. Hiroto let a sigh out then looked down at (Y/n) to find her still sleeping. He smiled and ever so gently kissed her forehead before silently and cautiously leaving the bed. His body and heart instantly missing its warmth. He pulled the blanket over the girl's body before exiting the room after giving one last glance to make sure that she was alright.

Hiroto yawned on his way to the mess hall after that he had changed in his room and fixed his bed hair.

"Goodmorning Hiroto." Midorikawa greeted with a grin, so did the others.

"Goodmorning." He answered, returning the smile. He went to the counter to get his tray before sitting next to Endou, then he let out a soft yawn.

"Nee Hiroto," Endou suddenly started, "How's (Y/n) doing?" He asked, the question seemed to get the others' attention as well because they all had stopped talking and were all ears to what Hiroto had to say.

"She is doing fine although she had another series of nightmares. But other than that, she finally managed to sleep peacefully." He said with a smile.

"I can tell you didn't sleep well last night, you look exhausted." Kidou commented with a slightly audible concerned tone.

"Don't worry about me, I can manage." Hiroto said, but he let out another yawn.

"Also before I forget, Kino-san, can you please let (Y/n) have this day off, she deserves some rest." He asked with hopeful voice.

"Sure thing, but please don't overwork yourself as well. If you don't feel well enough to finish the practice, you can ask Kantoku to leave sooner." She said with worried look.

"Alright." He answered with a smile.

(Y/n)'s POV :

I opened my eyes and groaned softly as I looked around my surroundings. I looked at the clock on the nightstand beside my bed and gasped when it read 12:15 pm.

"I slept half of the day!" I exclaimed as I sat up quickly on the bed.

"You sure did." Suddenly a voice said with a chuckle from my doorway, it was Hiroto. He entered my room after closing the door behind him before sitting on the edge of my bed.

"But the question is, did you sleep well enough?" He asked with smile, yet concerned eyes.

"I-I-..." I took a deep breath as my face was dusted with a blush and nodded, "I'm sorry for everything yesterday, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's alright. You don't have to apologize." He said as he smiled reassuringly at me. My body seemed to relax at his words as I smiled slightly, then we fell into a brief silence whilst I kept looking at my lap.

However, my smile vanished when I looked up to see his narrowed teal eyes examining my arms, and that was when I remembered that I wasn't wearing a long sleeved shirt.

I quickly got the blanket and covered my body, which seemed to surprise Hiroto. But his eyes narrowed again as his lips pressed into a thin line.

Suddenly, he approached me which made me close my eyes and embrace myself for whatever he was about to do. However, he took the blanket off and held my arm gently in his before examining the scars that decorated my skin in an ugly way.

"I... I would never hurt you again, (Y/n). So can you please try to trust me around? Even for a little bit?" Hiroto blurted out all of a sudden. I looked shocked at him before answering him.

"I-I don't want you t-to look at these." I said as I looked to the side with tears in my eyes. He probably hated me now.

"When he said he wanted to experiment, what the hell did he do to you? I thought you would have a taste of the power and probably join one of the teams back there just like the rest of us, but... But what did he do?" He asked as his eyes held concern and worry. At that point, I couldn't stop tears from running down my cheeks, but they weren't accompanied with sobs.

"He thought that my blood had something special that could improve that meteorite's powers into another level by mixing them together... But I don't even know what he was talking about, my blood was nothing special, he just wanted to harm me for not obeying him." I went on with the blabbering as tears started falling down my eyes like a river, feeling myself enter a state of panic.

"Hey, hey, hey (Y/n). It's alright now, please stop." Hiroto said as he grabbed my cheeks in his palms, delicately brushing the tears away, "What Father has done was totally wrong and... It is partially my fault as well..." He said as he gently kissed my forehead, "But please you don't have to worry about that anymore, no one is going to harm you anymore and you are safe from now on." He concluded with a hug as he stroked my head.

"It's all over now, (Y/n). You don't have to worry about the past anymore." I hugged his waist and closed my eyes.

"And by the way, I asked the other managers to give you a day off today so you can rest properly, you can spend it outside or going back to sleep." Hiroto said, breaking the silence that once roamed.

I nodded, "I will spend it with the girls." I said as I pulled back from the hug to rub my eyes.

"Get ready then, but don't overwork yourself, I bet they are waiting for you, you seem to be getting along very well with them." He said with an encouraging tone as he ruffed my head.

"Hey! You will mess up my hair more." I whined.

"I don't mind, it doesn't make you any less beautiful." He said as he got up to leave me to get ready. However, I was too caught up with his words to get up as soon as he left.

Beautiful, huh?

. . . 🌼 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you are doing well and I hope you enjoyed your time reading this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

Stay safe!

See ya!