16

having a comeback with all 18 members was more hectic than taehee imagined. every day everything was always packed she barely got any sleep lately. she doesn't know if she should be flattered that she was always the one being called or mad that she was being given all the work to do. the promotion period has been going on for months, she hasn't even talked to her close nct members much due to being such a busy body.

it was a saturday where they didn't have much of a packed schedule. some were taking a nap on the floor while others were on their phones and some snacking away.

taehee was sat on the corner isolating herself from everyone too drained to interact when kun sat beside her, giving her some warm coffee.

she sat up thanking him feeling shy all of a sudden with him telling her it was no problem.

"how are you keeping up?" kun asked as he took a sip from his own drink

"huh?" confused, taehee looked at the man beside her

"i noticed how tired you've been looking lately so i bought you some coffee. i hope it helps you relax even just a little bit."

"oh- i- thank you." taehee felt genuinely thankful "thank you, that means a lot to me. how about you? how are you? don't you feel tired?"

"not really. my position in nct isn't like the others. i haven't even debuted properly in a unit yet." he chuckled bitterly

"i don't really know what else to say, but you're doing great."

"thank you. i really needed to hear that these days. now i don't regret buying you that coffee." he smiled showing off his beautiful dimples

"if i didn't tell you that, would you have regretted buying me this?" taehee asked teasingly

"hmmm maybe."

"hey!" they both laughed "no but really though, you're doing really great. the fans love you and are really excited for you. they want you to finally debut properly, they're just waiting for you so i'll cheer you on."

"thank you." kun thanked her shyly

"what are you guys talking about?" doyoung asked, sitting cross legged beside taehee

"secret!" she teased, sticking her tongue out

"secrets aren't allowed in this room!" doyoung huffed

kun and taehee only laughed at him, smiling at each other feeling the new formed bond between them.

--+--

"where do you think you're going?" johnny asked taehee when he saw her about to leave the practice room.

"i'm gonna go buy something real quick. why, do you need anything?"

"no, i was just asking."

"oh uhh, okay..."

"what are you buying?"

"do i have to tell you?"

"no, but can you buy me a sandwich?"

"yeah, sure. does anyone else want me to buy them something?" she asked to the people inside the room yet no one answered meaning no one else wanted anything else.

"i'll be right back with your sandwich." she smiled at johnny

"yeah." he didn't really care