bonus chapter: eleven

Start from the beginning

"I thought I killed you." He smirked.

I examined his face, suddenly remembering the day we were attacked.

"It was you."

"Yeah, it was me. Thanks to that bitch, Opal, we're shit canned."

"Get the hell away from my daughter."

"Or what? How 'bout I skin you then take her?" He mischievously smiled, pulling a knife from his pocket.

I gulped, seeing how sharp it was before jumping back to avoid his swing.

He continued his attempt to injure me until Rae threw a full bottle of lemonade at his head.

He groaned, falling to his knees as the knife exited his hand. My head turned to the direction of the sirens before I was roughly tackled to the ground.

"Mom!"

I deeply groaned, feeling the pain shoot through my body. My eyes quickly popped open, landing on the knife not far away.

My body swiftly rolled, my hand grasping the handle of the knife and swinging as I turned on my back.

"Uh.." He uttered.

I heavily breathed, looking him up and down. He stared at me, struggling to move before blood poured from his sliced neck.

I moved so his body could land on the concrete then checked on Rae who tried to calm herself.

"Carina?" I called, running back over to them.

"Hold up. Sage?" Ben questioned, stopping to look at me.

"We're losing time, Ben."

He rapidly nodded, quickly beginning DeLuca's treatment.

"We gotta go." Maya said.

I went back to my car whilst they placed him in the ambulance. Against all logic, I sped in front of the ambo to be their escort.

Shockingly it worked.

I sped down the street, coming to a stop once I reached the entrance.

"You know, "be positive"?" Schmitt joked.

"Rig's here. Sage, what the hell?" Owen cursed, reacting to my rapid movement.

"It's DeLuca. He was stabbed. He's the B blood type."

"What?" Schmitt voiced.

"What the hell?" Owen cursed again as the rig's doors opened.

"Stab wound to the abdomen, possibly into the chest. Slightly hypotensive and tachycardic after one liter of NS." Ben announced.

"What happened?"

"He was following a sex trafficker, and she attacked him." Maya said, glancing to a sobbing Carina.