1

Y/N POV
I run down the halls, my feet only barely making noise as they hit the stone floor.

The sound of footsteps causes me to panic. I quickly round the corner and go still.

I try to stay quiet as my breathing comes heavily.

"Oh come now, y/n," Loki's voice echos, "you know you can't hide from me." I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I quietly continue down the hall and peek around the corner.

The door.
My exit.
My freedom.

It's so close, almost daring me to try.

I pull back around the corner and look behind me, listening to the distant footfalls.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I make my decision.
I'll make a run for it, he's far enough away that I can make it.

I take one more breath, open my eyes, and dash around the corner.

I immediately run into something and fall back on my ass, the cold stone freezing against my exposed skin.

My gaze falls on a set of feet before me and shift upwards across a muscular abdomen and chest and to the chiseled features of Loki's face. He wears that smirk, the one that drives me insane, as he towers over me, knowing he's won.

"Not trying to run out on me are you, my dear?" He asks, menace lacing his voice.

I shake my head vigorously.

"Good," he holds his hand out for me to take, "let's go back to bed then, my dear."

I take his hand and let him carry me bridle style back to his chambers, the chamber he insists that I share with him.

I've been her for nearly four months now, and I still haven't been able to escape. I came close once, I was out the door and nearly made it through the forest before he caught me.

I shudder at the thought of what happened that night.

"Sorry," I murmur as I wrap my arms around his neck, trying to think of a way to keep him from being as mad. I can smell the scent of pine and woodsmoke on his skin.

"It's alright, Love," he says, softly caressing my back with his thumb.

I cringe at the pet name but bite my tongue.

He carries me up stairs like I weigh nothing. At this point I may very well weigh almost nothing, I've barely eaten while I've been here, perhaps trying to guilt trip him into taking me home. But, I'm still stuck here.

He opens the door, closing it behind him with his foot, and takes me over to the bed. He places me down gently then lays beside me.

I feel his hands snake around my waist and pull me closer to him, his bare chest against my back.

I take a deep breath, every muscle in my body screaming at me.

This is wrong. I shouldn't feel comfortable and warm in his arms. So why do I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOKI'S POV
I pull her body closer to mine, breathing in her scent of vanilla and jasmine.

I feel her hand drape over mine. I take the opportunity to lace my fingers with hers and her body tenses, the muscles in her back stiff and straight.

I loosen my grip, allowing her to pull away from me if she wanted to, but she doesn't, she stays put.

She finally relaxes after a moment or two.