Seals and snow. Jefhalo

-3rd person POV- 

Good pulling on his large coat, flipping the hood up. He walked out of the house, knowing it was his day to fish. You see, Good was a boy who lived in a small village in the antarctic. Life was cold but they managed. They ate fish and the few crops they could grow. The village was small, but that just made everyone closer. Everyone there knew each other, and were on good terms with everyone. Everyone but Good. 

Good was a bit of a dick to people. He'd push them away and do almost anything to get people to leave him alone. The only person he didn't treat cruelly was his grandmother. She was always a great listener and a source of comfort to Good. He may have loved her for her ability to accept him as he was, and maybe it was her stories that entertained him. Whatever it was, Good knew that she was the only person he could trust.

Good stopped at the edge of the ocean, putting down the large basket  he had been carrying. He opened it, grabbing the large net from inside. He took it over to the water, throwing most of it in. He never really understood fishing. He was always just taught to throw most of the net and wait a few hours and then pull it out. He sat down, looking out at the water. He cursed under his breath for forgetting to bring a book.

His gaze shifted around the ocean, watching glaciers floating along the area. He tensed when he saw the net being pulled at. He got up, running over. He looked into the water, seeing a sleek creature tugging at the net and the few fish in it. He grabbed a piece of ice off the ground, throwing it at the creature. It collided with the creature's snout, making it swim away. 

' ' Damn seals. ' ' Good always hated seals, they're just fish stealers. Good walked back over to where he was sat before. ' ' Those seals are nothing  but pests... ' ' He was very open with this opinion to his family and everyone in the village. Most ignored him or agreed with him. But his grandmother was different. When he first shared his opinion with her, she told him an old folk tale. 

A tale of a species that was both seal and person. Good thought it was a stupid idea, and the  creatures were probably ugly as hell. But his grandmother continued by saying that they were only found in the antartic oceans, much like the ones they lived by. They used to interact with humans before they were attacked and hunted for sport. They apparently left back to the water for good. Never to be seen again.

It was such a dumb story. 

Even as a kid he knew there was no way that something so strange could be real. It was like his grandmother had made up a bootleg mermaid. And mermaids were even more believable than seal people. 

Good looked up at the sky, seeing that it was already noon. How long had he been thinking? The brunette stood up, walking over to the edge of the water. He grabbed the net, going to pull it up. Why was it so heavy? How many fish could be in it?

Good pulled up the net, closing his eyes as he struggled to get it onto the ice. He breathed heavily and let go, hearing it thump onto the ice. He opened his eyes, looking over to the net to see how many fish he had caught. His eyes widened and his body froze. A large creature was caught with the fish in the net. It looked like a boy with raven hair from the torso up, but from waist down it had the sleek tail of a seal.

There was no way his grandmother was right. He had to be dreaming. Maybe he had fallen asleep while waiting on the ice? Before he could continue thinking, the creature moved. It turned its head and stared at Good. The brunette could see a fish hanging out of its mouth before being spat out. The creature's stare didn't break, was it even blinking? Its eyes looked almost human. Almost.

Something was off about its eyes. Instead of being blue, green, or brown, they were black. They looked empty and emotionless. Good picked up his hand, rubbing his eyes. He looked back, hoping his eyes had been playing tricks on him. The creature was still there, and seemed.. closer? Had it moved? Good suddenly tensed and yelled out,