Chapter 19- Mountain Ash

Lily's POV
With a hard shove I fell onto the cold floor, the pistol was still hidden thank goodness.

I looked around using my wolf eyes, -shit..its mountain ash...- I thought to myself.

-yes...but that's not the worst part.....your mother is inside the circle with you...- ghost told me

My eyes went wide and I called out, "mother?..."

As soon as I said that a white wolf appeared, it snarled at me. A collar was tightly around its neck, it's eyes were not human....they were the eyes of a wild animal.

-poor mother...- I stared in disbelief.

-Lily! That's not your mother anymore! She's gone....that thing hasn't seen the full moon in over 3 years! She will be weak but will try to kill you!!! There's no sense in reasoning with her....you must kill your mother!...- ghost's voice was frantic and scared.

-okay...I'll do it....- I told ghost, I wanted to cry...-all my life I spent searching for you dear mother...I guess this is goodbye....- I let a tear slide down my cheek.

I snarled at my mother, -I'd have to fight in wolf form...hopefully my clothes will hide the gun...-

Saliva dripped from her muzzle, I needed to put my mother out of her misery.

I transformed into my wolf, shifting was easy for a rare breed like me, we didn't feel a thing.

I glanced at my ripped clothing, the pistol was hidden under it.

My deep Caribbean blue eyes met the glowing violet eyes of my mother.