011 Lacrosse At It's Finest

Start from the beginning

stiles hand flew up gently, shock still lacing scotts face, "maybe he's just perfect at everything. i hate this kid!"

"you don't have to hate him. the team needs new players."

"what about a new team captain?" scotts eyes widened gently, turning to his best friend, the puppy boys jaw clenched slightly as he moved forwards. luna hummed, kira smiling softly, "okay, see, this is scott — this should be better."

the tan boy huffed as he scooped up a ball, stick spinning in his hands, the boys arms swung back soon then flying forwards ... just for the ball to hit the poles of the goal. luna & kira seem to deflate, "okay, what the fuck. apparently our simulation is fucking broken today!"

confusion laced scotts face as stiles sighed, a blonde laughing, "nice, mccall." stiles glaring slightly, "hey, garrett — shut up!" the boys seem to let out laughs, the rest of try outs playing out.

"i swear to hell, if i see this kid make one more goal i'm going to rip out my own eyes!" malia raised an eyebrow as she looked up from her homework for a second, kira squirming with a huff — the two girls were no doubt getting antsy.

liam just kept making shots right after another, scott & stiles missing every single one.

"what the hell happen to scott, he use to be able to play this game!" kira sighed as her shoulders slumped, luna sighing, snatching at malia's homework. "god, give me that — i need something to distract myself from this hopelessness." malia frowned softly at the girls mood, luna's eyes burning into the pages — pencil moving rapidly in her hand.

malia & kira sent each other a look, both their eyes soon falling back on the field. "isn't the captain supposed to be one of the best players on the team? or good?" luna snickered at kiras comments, kiras chin hooking over the lacrosse stick in her hands, malia clearly confused as her eyes lingered on the field.

"dude, what is going on with you?" scott huffed as he threw his gloves off, "i don't know! i'm having a really off day."

"off day?! you were dying out there! i feel actual physical pain watching you." scott scoffed slightly, "i didn't see you make any shots?" stiles humming, nodding, "yes, that's because i'm terrible, though, scott. you, you are the alpha."

"not on the field. i'm a human on the field."
"well, human you is kind of sucking at the moment. so, do you think there is any way you can use just like a little tiny bit of wolf power?"
"it's cheating.."
"i know it is! it's just i hate seeing this little freshman come in and steal all your glory after you worked your tushie off. i hate it!"
"he's not going to steal all the glory."

both boys heads turned at cheering, a wide grin on liams face as he made another goal. stiles eyes rolling as he turned back to scott with an i told you so face, scott huffing as his jaw clenched — eyes shining red.

luna's eyes flickered from malia's homework at coaches whistle — brows scrunching at the noise. "hustle! mccall and stilinski, grab the long sticks. you're covering goal for two-on-ones. let's go! line it up!"

"is this gonna be worse or better?" both brunettes eyes moved to malia, luna slumping into her seat. "at this point, i have no clue."

"we still don't know if he's a werewolf, too." scott pulled on his helmet, stiles eyes turning to the boys, "and if he is, he'd just be cheating and we'd just be cheating the cheater."