Colombo was fairly handsome, she was sure he bed many women without an issue and she was never one to turn down attention from a handsome fellow.

"He's a fool to not notice such beauty, you're like a flower". He said, nuzzling his nose into her hair as he inhaled.

"You smell like one too".

Colombo lifted his hand ever so lightly to play with the hem of her skirt.

Capri would've let him touch her there but she wanted to save herself for Mateo.

It's not like she hadn't been sexually active before, she just didn't want to give in, not to Colombo at least.

"I have to head home".

A grumble left his lips as he stood up after her, suggesting they walk out together.

Capri accepted.

*

Mateo was parked outside of the school, it had been about ten minutes since the bell rang and Capri still hadn't stepped out, his patience was running thin, he hated waiting.

Mateo was ready to whip out his phone and call her until his eyes zeroed in at the jumpy girl who was beaming up at what looked like a teacher.

"You're so sweet Colombo, thank you for walking me out"!

Mateo watched as she got on her tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek, wrapping her arms around his neck then letting him go as quickly as she touched him once she noticed her guardian.

"Mateo"!

She ran towards him with her bag on her arm, quickly jumping in to hug him and kiss his face all over, his gaze never left the teacher's who looked away once he noticed him.

Mateo hadn't been able to get a good look at his face.

"Who was that man"?

"Oh no one, that's just the principal, he's very sweet".

She once again grabbed onto Mateo's collar to pull him towards her, peppering  his face with more kisses as she giggled.

"Okay, okay calm down". He chuckled lightly, creating some distance between the two.

"I'll take that as a 'you're not mad at me anymore"? He asked with a raised brow.

"I was never mad at you"! She deflected in fake shock.

Mateo only laughed as he started the car to drive off.

"I'm hungry".

"What would you like to eat"?

"Food".

"Thank you for narrowing your options".

Capri giggled, lightly slapping his arm as she debated on where to go.

"There's a diner not too far from here, can we go there"?

"I think I know which one you're talking about".

*

They found themselves with milkshakes and burgers placed in front of them, Mateo watched as Capri scrolled on her phone while sipping her milkshake.

He thought back to the encounter between the principal and her, he didn't like it one bit.

"Capri". He spoke, trying to get her attention.

"Yes"? She answered, not removing her gaze from the device in her hand.

"You know you're very beautiful".

Her eyes snapped towards him as she heard his words, was he going to confess his love for her?

"And there are men who would take advantage of your beauty and most of all your innocence". He added in.

Capri's shoulders slumped as she understood where the conversation was heading.

She wasn't innocent, she just knew how to play the role to get what she wanted and when it came to men it worked like a charm.

"I know how to take care of myself". She said with a roll to her eyes.

Mateo's left eye twitched at her gesture, he didn't take disrespect lightly and that was something he hated.

"Capri do not roll your eyes at me when I'm speaking to you". He demanded, his tone sounding harsher than he would've liked.

She closed her lips instantly.

"You may think you know how to take care of yourself but that's where a lot of women go wrong, you have no idea the kind of things some men are capable of, the things that go through their head when they look at a girl like you".

Capri was caught off guard with his serious tone, she didn't like it but she didn't want to be scolded again.

"What do you think when you look at me Mateo"? She asked, her big eyes staring up at him as she took a sip from her drink.

Yes her question was bold but she couldn't help herself.

His eyes widened at her question, quickly falling into a stern glare as he watched her.

"I'm not one of those men Capri, I only see you as the sweet little girl I promised to protect". He spoke firmly, trying to get his message through her.

This was going to be a little more difficult than Capri thought.