"I'll clean the counter, then." I avoided his gaze, focusing my attention on wiping down the island.

Dean watched me for a few seconds before talking. "We're doing your homework after I wash these."

"Oh, are we?" I raised an eyebrow, turning my head to look at him.

"Sweetheart, you're forgetting that you asked me for help." His hands were crossed over his chest now, the dirty dishes discarded in the sink.

I followed his lead, folding my arms over my own chest.  "What if I just asked you for help so I could get into your pants?"

"You did a terrible job if that's your plan."

"I still have time," I hummed.

He swallowed thickly before glaring at me. "Homework. Now."

"Bossy," I laughed under my breath. "Seems like you've got some balls on you, pretty boy."

"Oh, I've got more than balls." Amusement ran over his face, our banter turning him relaxed again. I was glad he didn't bring up the weird things I did, ultimately grateful we could easily slide past it like it never happened.

"Maybe one day you'll show me," I shrugged, walking out of the kitchen and towards my bag that remained by the couch. Crouching down, I started to slide the zipper open when I heard his response.

"That day will come when you're honest with me."

Stilling my hands for a few seconds, I took out my laptop and a notebook and walked back to the island.

"So you're saying I have a chance to ride your dick?"

He sputtered on the coffee he was drinking, giving me a harsh look as he set it down again. "Watch your damn mouth, Sophia. It'll get you killed one day."

"Hasn't yet."

Dean was done washing the dishes, running a clean rag over the last glass before he placed it back into his cabinet.

He walked towards me, sitting down as I opened up the lesson for that day. 

"What don't you get," His proximity made it hard to breathe, all I wanted to focus on was his chest but I forced myself to get back on track.

"Um," I cleared my throat. "Basically, all of it?"

"Hm," He hummed, leaning over so he could read the notes I had written down along with the assignment we were given.

I held my breath as I watched his eyes scan over the document, the slight murmur of his lips as he mouthed the words.

"Okay," He nodded, pulling back. "What the assignment is telling you to do is identify which laws will help the case move forward along with how you think the defense will be prosecuted. Understand?" He watched me for an answer.

"Okay, I get that but look," I pulled up my unfinished homework, pointing to it. "I don't understand how we can use actus reus in this particular case. It seems like it should be about their mind, right? We're trying to figure out why this mother didn't take her child to the doctor after falling down the stairs. Shouldn't we be able to apply mens rea here too?"

He shook his head, shifting his body closer so he could explain. "Murder cases are different than cases like these."

I gave him a look. "I'm not that stupid. I know that."

He rolled his eyes, continuing. "Well in this case, it's significantly different. Sky is a mother therefore she has a duty to take care of her child's needs. In this situation, she broke 215 of the Criminal Code which means she failed to provide the necessaries of life to someone who is under the age of 16. It doesn't matter what she thought in the moment, what matters is that as a mother it was her job to take her child to the hospital or at least, a doctor in order to make sure nothing was wrong. Her actions are what's important, the judges don't give a fuck about her mind."