Chapter 3: Be Careful, Tine🔥

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What—what kind of business?"

"I don't know? May be they want revenge? May be there was this one thing they couldn't do when they were alive?"

"Oh my god yes... like becoming a famous singer with 7 million followers on Instagram!!" I exclaimed.

Fong looked at me all confused. "That's a very specific example.. but sure why not?"

"So.. you mean to say, when these ghosts feel like they have accomplished whatever they stayed here for.. they will disappear and go to the after life?"

"Of course, isn't that what everyone wants? When you are dead, you are dead. You shouldn't be here in this world. Ghosts don't belong here in our world you know. They need to leave."

"Well.. maybe they like it here."

"Nobody likes being stuck Tine, not even ghosts"

/

/

/

As I got back to my apartment after a long day of back to back classes and a rather difficult conversation with Fong, I realised that Sarawat wasn't alone in the house anymore. The ghost had a ghost friend.

I could clearly hear them talking, but weirdly enough, I couldn't see Sarawat's ghost friend that clearly. He looked like a vague figure in the room. The only person I could see clearly was Sarawat.

"Sarawat, you need to take on the new project in Seoul. It will only take 6 months and it will be great for your career," said his ghost friend.

"I am not leaving this city or this apartment. There will always be more projects, Dim"

"The director for this drama is great, you will miss the opportunity of a lifetime if you don't go."

"I don't care. I have something more important here."

"WHAT?"

"Just...something"

"Wat, I really tried hard to get you this project and now all of that work will go down the drain."

"I am really sorry Dim, you know I am"

I was watching this entire conversation from a distance, standing near the door and I couldn't help but notice how close the two were.

"Why is this guy calling my ghost, Wat? That was the nickname I gave him!"

I moved closer to this ghost friend, waving my hand across his face. He definitely couldn't see me. There is no way he could hear me too.

"Hey, stupid guy.. Wat doesn't want to go okay, why don't you just let him be? May be he just wants to stay here instead of haunting random Korean people. He isn't even good at haunting, to be honest."

Sarawat suddenly started to laugh, and it seemed like his ghost friend couldn't handle his reaction. Why does this ghost laugh at the most weirdest moments?

"Wat, you just tried to apologise to me and now you are laughing to my face? What has gotten into you these days?"

"No Dim, I didnt mean that I am sorry. I just haven't been feeling well lately. Thank you for fighting for this project but I cant just leave with dad like that. What if something happens when I am gone?"

"Wat, he'd been in the same condition for three years. I am not trying to be insensitive here but you and I both know 6 months are not going to do anything. I mean I wish, I pray and I hope everyday that things would change but even the doctors said..."