[song- dark red (slowed) -steve lacy
shays pov

i don't think i'll ever be happy.

get up, go to work, sleep. occasionally shower if i'm up for it. i'm just joking.

right now i'm counting down the seconds till i get to leave this shit hole. sorry, i mean minnies, the cheap diner that only eighty year olds and drunk broke college students step foot in.

sometimes i'll get the families coming in all happy and full of light. i doubt it's real but appreciate the enthusiasm.

it's always the same, the mom will tell their child to order, the nervous child will stutter as they order chicken tenders and a chocolate milkshake.

"what size would you like?" i make sure to smile. as much as i hate children i feel bad. i get the while teach your kids socializing but if they're about to shit their pants maybe take a different route?

"a large!" that's the most joy i've seen come out of this kid.

"she'll take a small" the mom says immediately after her daughter. "but mommy-" the child wines lowly, not wanting me to hear.

"don't but mommy me," she looks back up at me, "she wants a small" she smiles.

i'm obviously going to get the child a large, it'll be on the house. only because the moms a bitch.

i take a tables order out to them making sure they're drinks are all full, the money is my goal.

"hey shay, can you get that table please, i've gotta go get my kid from my moms. i'm really sorry." tiffany pleads, a guilty look in her eyes.

"yea tiff it's no problem. see you later." i wave her off, it really isn't a big deal. more money for me!

and this is another example of why kids are a no. small gross little burdens on this world. people shouldn't even have kids, for the sake of them growing up in a fucked up world.

i get to the table that just came in, i take note that it's only one individual. "hi, what can i get started for you tonight?"

i watch as the person lifts their head. my fucking god... i've never seen such a pretty person in real life?

he's got to be under 25, brown medium length curly hair, and beautiful brown eyes. is that gold in his-

"i'll just take a black coffee" he interrupts my thoughts, he's also get a great voice. deep and hot.

he is hot.

"you sure you don't want anything with that? we've got half off our pastries after eleven" i make an effort to smile, failing though when his eyes lock with mine.

i sound desperate, trying to get him to but a damn slice of pie... it's so there's a bigger check, maybe a bigger tip?

i am officially a money whore.

"a pastry?" he asks, i just slowly nod. i'm not sure if he's in a positive way or a negative way.

"what pastries do you recommend shay?" he looks back up from my name tag.