I Wish I Knew the Answer

----------Rose's POV--------------

"Ruler? I'm sorry but are you trying to say Michaelangelo is the heir to Ganandor?"

I asked.

Max took a swig of his wine and sighed as he set the glass back on the coaster.

"Well-"

Before Max could get any words out Michaelangelo cleared his throat.

"I don't think she needs to hear any more of this, c'mon Max you must be tired I'll set up the guest room for you."

He said as he laughed nervously and walked into the back of the house.

"Please...tell me."

I whispered.

Max sighed and poured himself another glass.

"Meet me at the lake behind the house tonight, I'll explain everything."

I could only nod and watch as he poured himself glass after glass. He had consumed a whole bottle of wine and didn't show any signs of being tipsy at all.

Maybe he was an elf, they had the best toleration for alcohol.

I shrugged and nodded as an indication that I was off to bed, he raised his glass in response.

"Michaelangelo, I'm ready for bed-"

I stopped short when my eyes caught sight of the beads of water trailing down his chest, tracing his six pack and dipping into the V of his hips.

I looked anywhere in the room but at my beautifully sculpted mate.

"Sorry."

He mumbled but I could hear the smile in his voice, I cleared my throat and started again.

"Um..I'm ready for bed but...I uh don't have anything to wear."

I spoke.

He smiled as he pulled on his boxers before walking over to the dressers and pulling out a T-shirt and handing it to me.

"Here, this should fit."

I took it without question and padded over to the bathroom.

There was a large symbol on the shirt accompanied by a black metal band's name, nevertheless I slipped it on. It reached a little bit past my butt.

I sighed and brushed my hair with Michaelangelo's comb before walking out of the bathroom.

He was lying in bed, flipping through various channels trying to find something to watch.

I jumped in bed and lay next to him hearing his chuckle as I pulled the covers up to my shoulders and curled up to Michaelangelo's side.

"Are you tired?"

I asked, as he settled on X-Men.

"A little but I thought maybe you'd want to watch TV."

"It's alright, if you want to watch a movie I'll watch it with you."

He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

"It's alright, you can sleep if you want...I'll probably doze off soon too."

I smiled back at him and wrapped my arms around his torso. 

When Michaelangelo's breathing evened out I climbed from the bed, my toes hitting the cold hardwood floor.

Part of me felt guilty for leaving in the middle of the night with his friend, to get some answers.

I quietly crept around Michaelangelo's side and kissed his cheek before tip toeing out of the room and setting foot on the cold dewy grass.