Chapter 3

Zayns POV

I wake up to whimpers. When I open my eyes I realized I fell asleep in Nialls new room. I groan and stand up when the whimpers get louder. When I walk into my room I see Niall with tears running down his face, but I also noticed something else. Niall had a big fluffy white tail and fluffy white cat ears.

"N-niall?" He just whimpers and goes to the cage in the corner of my room that used to belong to my German Shepherd. He crawled in and locked it himself. I stand confusion.

"N-niall why did you lock yourself in a cage?" I ask. Did people do that to him because of what he is? Did they lock him in a cage?

"H-hate." Niall whispers. I frown. The first word I hear him is hate. I walk over to the cage where a crying Niall is and open it. He stays in. I sigh and grab his waist, pulling him out. I pull him into my lap.

"Your not in trouble baby. My cousin is a dog hybrid. Its okay. Can you talk?" I say trying to see if he can. He shakes his head no.

"Try zayn." I suggest shrugging.

"Z...z..za...za." He studders.

"You know what just call me Z." I sigh putting him on my bed.

"Z." He mumbles. I chuckle and pull on black skinnys and a white T-shirt. I walk back to Niall, who was playing with his tail and hissing at it when it touched his nose.

"Niall do you wanna shop today?" I ask picking him up and walking downstairs. He looks at me in confusion. I laugh.

"Do you want toys or a blanket?"

He tilts his head. My smile falls. "You don't know what a blanket is?" I ask with a dead tone. He shakes his head. "How do you stay warm in the winter?" He shakes his head again and points to his big fluffy tail. Oh, he used his tail. I walk into the kitchen and set him in the ageplay highchair I bought him. I grab eggs, tomatoes, cheese, ham, and potatoes. I chop the potatoes and tomatoes, then crack the eggs. When the eggs were solid but not fully cooked, I put the cheese on it with the ham and tomatoes. I add the chopped potatoes on one side and flipped the eggs so it folded in half. When the omlet was almost done I start to hear whimpers. Looking behind me I see Niall staring at my...chest? I put the omlet on a plate and cut it in half, putting the other half on Nialls plate. I put the plate in front of him but he just pouts and stares at my chest. I shake it off and eat my food. Niall soon got the hint and started eating also, but he kept pouting.

"Okay Niall let's get you dressed for the m-" I got cut off by a kitten sneeze, and another, and another. I walk from Nialls closet to his play pen, where he lays sneezing. I pick him up and hold him on my hip, bouncing him.

"Awww does little Niall have a cold?" I ask in a baby voice. He whimpers and nods his head.

"Okay well we still need to go to the mall and then I want you to meet some of my mates okay?" Niall sneezes a cute little kitten sneeze but nods. I smile and carry him to his changing table, taking his clothes and soiled diaper. I put a new diaper on him then put him in a cute footless onsie. I button the onsie up and give him a blue dummy that says 'Mr.sniffles'. I put little navy blue booties on his feet and pick him up, carrying him back downstairs to the living room.

"Okay Niall I'm going to make a phone call real quickly so just stay there and watch the telly okay?" I say grabbing my phone, he nods and starts to watch Elmo. I walk into the kitchen and call the one person I know I can trust.