27 | uninvited guest

Start from the beginning

A smirk creeps on his lips, and he gestures for me to follow him into the elevator, making my assumption confirmed. I utter a silent curse in my heart, stepping into the elevator.

Fucking useless security guard. At least, he's useful now. This hotel management and its crews deserve to rot in hell.

The guard taps his card and presses floor 54. The elevator moves up, and silence falls.

I fucking know Molly, but it's not like I've met her, Adam, and Disco Biscuits. If I hadn't googled those street names of the drugs, I would have messed this up.

When we arrive at the designated floor, I take a deep breath to calm myself down from the anger burning inside me.

"Enjoy the pharm party," the guard says as I step out of the elevator.

I glance back at him. "Thanks, man."

Fuck you.

When the elevator closes, I shift my gaze back to the front.

How the hell did Luna get here?

I make my way down the dim-lit corridor toward the huge double door in front of me, and when I open it, deep thumping music blasts in my ear.

My pulse quickens as I scan the place, which is nothing like I've ever imagined Luna to be in. My worry for her escalates -- I'm pretty sure that I'll kill myself if I can't find her here.

People are laughing, drinking, and dirty dancing. My eyes catch sight of a girl getting railed against the glass window, and my heart almost stops. I tear my gaze away from that sight, almost losing my mind as the thought of the same thing happening to Luna plays in my head.

No. Please, no.

I cover my face with my shaking hand, leaning against the bar to prevent myself from collapsing. I don't think that I can handle it if I find Luna in that condition. A soft cry leaves my lips.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Hey, babe, you okay?"

I snap my head toward the source of the voice. A brunette sitting on the stool gazes at me dreamily and reaches out her hand to touch me, but I snap it off.

"Fuck off," I bite out harshly, and her eyes widen in shock.

"Rude." She drinks her tequila shot and places the empty glass on the counter with a loud thud.

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to erase the horrible image from my mind before resuming my steps to look for Luna. My chest heaves up and down because I can't hold it anymore.

I have to find her. Fast.

While I'm walking through the crowd, I find an opened door leading to a separate lounge. I will go through all the doors in this fucking place to find her.

Just as I think of that, my breath catches in my throat. There, lying down on a couch at the corner of this room is Luna. She's partly unconscious.

Huge relief explodes inside me, but it changes as the guy next to her puts something into her mouth. A glass pipe.

I storm toward them, clenching my fist tightly at my side.

Calm the fuck down. Just get her out of this place as fast as you can. Do not attract attention and leave, or else you might not be able to get out of this place at all.

That's what my sanity tells me, but it's no use, because fury has taken control over my body. Without warning, I grip the guy's collar, lifting him off his seat before punching him hard in the face.