07 | ice cream

School has just ended, and while I'm packing my books, I see Max walking out of our classroom, accompanied by some classmates -- his new friends

School has just ended, and while I'm packing my books, I see Max walking out of our classroom, accompanied by some classmates -- his new friends. He throws some jokes at the guys, while the girls follow him like puppies, laughing at everything he says.

Max blends in pretty well. Good for him.

I don't need another drama in this school, and neither does he. My attempt to escape him after school was a success, and I guess that communicating through the phone to discuss our English assignment is the best idea.

I blow a sigh, slinging my backpack across my shoulders as I trudge out of the classroom. Once I'm in a hallway, I check my phone, wondering why my driver hasn't texted me. He should have arrived half an hour earlier.

It's no wonder that people think of me as a spoiled brat. I want to drive my own car, but I can't drive...yet. It's not that I'm not allowed to, but I'm just not mentally prepared.

Call me stupid or what, but if I did drive, I might be one of those people who drive really slowly that honks would echo everywhere around me.

I'm not worried about my safety -- I'm worried about the safety of those around my car. I just can't risk the possibility of ending someone's life.

What if a cat passes by the road while I'm driving? I might just get out to pick it up, and the moment I return to the driver seat, I would be shaking all over.

Come on, Luna. That's silly. When will you grow up?

While I'm pondering in my random thought, something catches my attention. My eyes widen as I see Rory chatting with Mikaela in the hallway.

Another girl with honey brown hair, who is none other than Mikaela's best friend, Nadine, is with them. She's a popular girl too, captain of the cheer team.

I watch as Mikaela squeals in delight before pulling Rory into a tight hug. Soon, their laughter echoes in the air. Mikaela blabbers like she just told them about the latest bag of her favorite designer, while both Rory and Nadine listen to her intently.

Before they can notice my existence, I turn to another route. My heart sinks so low, and a great pain strikes me so suddenly that I won't be able to face them.

My legs shaking, I force myself to keep walking.

So now Rory and Mikaela are becoming good friends?

But that doesn't even make sense. I know for sure how Rory feels toward Tyler, but judging by what I saw just now, she doesn't have any problem with Mikaela.

Of course, Mikaela hasn't done anything wrong to her.

But Mikaela is Tyler's girlfriend, and if Rory is now close with Mikaela, it means that she doesn't have any problem seeing Mikaela and Tyler making out once in a while in front of her, or practically shoved their tongue into each others' throats like what I saw this morning.