ɪɪ. ᴡʜʏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴇ?

Start from the beginning

"Everyone is asking about you", she says softly, "I hope to see you tonight in town to see the comet. It's gonna be beautiful." Bonnie says, trying to get my spirts up. After getting no response, I hear her soft steps hit the stairs and soon I hear the front door shut.

I go back to blankly staring out the window, with Stefan being the only thought in my mind.

It wasn't until later in the day when I heard my door unlocking and opening. In the reflection of the window glass, I find Grams piercing stare looking at me with sadness and pity. I divert my eyes somewhere else out of embarrassment and shame.

"Oh honey," Grams says, as she slowly walks in front me to get a better look at me.

I flinch slightly when I feel her sudden warm, soft hands gently hold both sides of my face and lifts my head up look at her. She holds me as if I am like a fragile doll, but I mean at this point I am aren't I?

"You, darling, are deserving of everything. You are deserving of love, serenity, and the magic and joy that dances in your eyes," Grams begins, her eyes watering slightly as she speaks to me with so much care and love.

"You are entitled to hearty, deep-bellied laughter as well as the freedom to cry and water the earth. You are deserving of freedom, goodness, and companionship, as well as days of happiness and silence. You are meant to be happy, healthy, comfortable, and open. So, dear, keep going. Keep going." I didn't know I was crying until Grams wiped away the tears on my face. Grams wraps her arms around me and holds me fiercely as I continue to cry silently.

But as I sit here crying, I finally make the scary realization that I will never get over Stefan. I realize our souls are fragments that were molded from the same star and would stay like that even after death. And that frightens me. 

"I want you to go to the Comet tonight. You've been talking about see that thing for ages and I don't want you to miss it." I nod in agreement with her.

Despite it all, I still miss Stefan even though I really shouldn't. I'm an idiot, but I'm his sunflower, and he is the sun in my eyes. I have no choice but to face him after all.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑∗๑ஓ ────── ⊰

It didn't take me to long to make it to the center of town

It didn't take me to long to make it to the center of town. When I arrived I was amazed to see the set up for the night to watch the comet. I started to walk around aimlessly, looking for a great spot to watch it.

Suddenly I felt a force crash into me from behind. I was going to start screaming before I heard their voice, "Bitch! Where the hell have you been! You had me so worried when you didn't show up to school and I asked your sister what the fuck happened to you, but she never gave me a straight answer-" I cut off Evie's rambling by pulling her into a much needed, tight hug.