I can't do this..!

Start from the beginning

I just clicked her picture and sent to Daksh quickly.

She had a very emotional talk with her mother and then it was time to walk to the mandap.

We took her towards the mandap and made her sit beside Daksh.
He smiled real wide seeing her beside him.

I just for a fleeting second looked at Aarav and he was already looking at me with numerous emotions in his eyes.

Look away!
My brain was yelling but I was not in my senses to listen to it.

Finally when I looked away I had tears in my eyes.
I blinked them back & focused on Daksh's & Myra's happiness.

Atleast someone is having their forever..!

The wedding ceremony was over and Myra was crying her eyes out. Even I couldn't control my tears looking at her.

"Myra you were crying when your parents were not ready for this alliance. You are crying when you got married to him. Just decide for once what do you want." Ayaan said groaning.

And then everyone of us started laughing except for Myra she was glaring at him.

We all returned back to our villa and seperated to our own rooms when Shruti entered my room.

"Hey." She said.

"You're not asleep?" I asked chaining up my bag.

"No. I wanted to meet you. I know you're leaving tomorrow." She said with grim expression.

"Shruti. You know I can't stay over here. I can't move on if I am going to be here." I said sighing.

"I just wanted to tell you that, aarav is not as heartless as he seems." She said.

"He is not at all heartless. He is just trying to protect his heart and I am trying to protect mine." I said with a sad smile.

"This is for you." She said handing me a tape recorder.

I looked at her confused.
"What is in it?"

"The thing you need the most right now."
She said and gave a light squeeze to my hand.

She hugged me & said
"I love you. Miss me."

"Aawww! I am ofcourse going to miss you. And I love you a lot." I said hugging her back.

The moment she left I kept contemplating on whether to listen to what's on the tape or not.

Fuck it!
I kept the tape recorder aside and tried to sleep.

I just kept on tossing & turning because of the curiousness.

Arrrgghh...!

I got up & taking my earphones I put the recorder on.

Good night, Jaan.
I missed you alot today. I made your favourite caramel custard and then ate it all alone.
I am sorry for what I've done.
But from today this is the way I am going to talk to you.

The first voice note said and a tear escaped my eye.

I can't do this!

The next day morning I left meeting Mom, Dad, Daksh. I met Shruti, Ayaan & myra yesterday as I know they would be tired.

On my way I decide that I am going to listen to all his voice notes.

I just plugged in my earphones and started the second one.

Another boring day without you.
He said & I chuckled.
I would have hugged you a little longer If I would have known my happy days were going to end.
He said as his voice croaked at the end.

Don't make cry, dude!

The other note said-
Today a girl ran into me, the first thing I remembered was you. Though she was nothing like you. I got flashbacks of us bickering for the first time we met.
Who knew we could come this far.
He said in a very heavy voice as if he wanted to cry.

Fuck you Aarav!

I wiped my tears off and the driver stopped before the airport. I completed all the formalities and was sitting in the waiting area.

You know today, I had a really tiring day and as I am used to you barging into my house at dinner time, I made dinner for the both of us. When I arranged it on the table I realised you were no more a part of my life and that—
He stopped talking and took a deep breath and said
That was the worst I've felt in years!
He said and I sniffled.

The people in the waiting room must be thinking I am crazy because I was continuously crying listening to the notes.

I started hearing another note.
Please come back, Jaan. It is getting really difficult without you. I swear I won't scold you just get back into my arms.
The note said and he was saying this while trying hard to control his tears I could make it out from his voice.

Why are we like this?

It is been a month of you leaving today, a month of me smiling only by remembering your smiling face or looking at our pictures. I never knew this was going to be so difficult.
The note said.

I furiously wiped my tears and then there was announcement of my flight.

One last tape.

I love you alot! But I being the coward I am can never say it on your face. I can only tell you this in these voice notes. Without you everything is just bland.
There was a time when I liked this bland life but now it is diffrent. It is all your fault. You just brought colours to my life.
Could you not a stay a bit longer or maybe forever?
He said and sobbed at the end and that was the last string.

All the control I had in me of living away from him just flew away.
Wiping my tears, I took my phone from my handbag and saw 20 missed calls from Aarav.

What?
Just then I got Ayaan's call
"Hello." I said

"Shanaya! Don't board the flight get back at the villa this instant." Ayaan said in a panicked voice.

"What happened?" I asked getting up from my seat and rushing outside.

"Aarav bhai— he said and took a pause.

"Aarav what?" I yelled in panic.

"He was headed towards the airport to meet you & then suddenly he met with an accident."

Ayan said and I hailed a cab.

" Is he hurt?" I asked worried.

" Alot!" Abhi yelled from behind.

Wait! The call is on speaker?

"Okay! I'll be reaching." I said hanging.

This stupid asshole!

Couldn't even drive safe.