For the first time during the conversation I looked to Luke for help. It didn't sound like such a bad idea but I'd probably felt different later.

"Is this really necessary?" Luke asked.

"We've already send DNA to the lab but that will take a few days. The sooner we have certainty the quicker you can start healing."

I took deep breath in. "Show me the pictures."

Luke layed his hand on my knee. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to."

"I want to." I said as I made eye contact with him.

"Alright then. Here are the pictures." The male cop give me a folder.

With shaky hands I opened the folder. I definitely shouldn't have said yes to this.  My hand flew to my face when I saw the bodies of my parents. They were burned really bad which explained the need for identification.

A choked sob escaped my troat as I tried to speak.

Luke carefully took the folder from me and gave it back to the cops.

"Deep, slow breaths June. " He spoke to me. I really envied his calmness right now. I was absolutely freaking out. I let my parents burn alive.

A beeping noise rang trough my ears. My brain ignored it. All I was focused on right now were those awful images.

"June I need you to focus on me." I heard Luke say with more urgency than before.

My eyes blinked a few times before they focused again. Luke was looking at my with a serious expression that failed to hide his concern.

He grabbed my hand and placed it on his chest. "Follow my breathing."

I closed my eyes and did as he asked. It took me a few minutes to calm down a little. The heavy breathing was definitely not appreciated by my lungs and throat. I fell into a painfull coughing fit.

Luke handed me some water after I was finally done. Once I could think cleary again I immediately felt embarrassed for freaking out infront of two police officers.

"It's them. Those pictures were my parents. I'm a hunderd procent sure." I tried to speak as confident as possible but my sore troat made me sound exactly like i am feeling. Like an unstable teenager.

"Thank you so much June. You're a wonderful help. That was all we needed from you. Do you have any questions?"

"No." There was no point anymore. My parents were dead.

"Then we will be on our way again. We will contact you when we have more information. I'm sorry for you loss June."

I mumbled an thank you as Luke stood up to walk the cops to the exit. Great I was left alone in complete silence again.

The door opened and Luke entered with a unfamiliar men who was holding Mollys hand.

"June!" Molly said enthusiastic as she made her way towards rhe bed.

The dark haired docor helped her on my bed with a big smile. He must be her doctor. I glanced at his coat which had the name Dr Calum Hood on it. The friend Luke was talking about.

"Hey Molly." I spoke in a soft tone.

The relationship with my sister was always a bit weird. We were 12 years apart from each other which was just too much to really have a good connection. I was the planned kid my mom had when she was in her twenties. While Molly was the miracle baby who arrived when my mom thought  she couldn't have children anymore.

The fact that she was a baby while I going trough the first faces of puberty also wasn't helping.

"When are mommy and daddy coming to see us?" She asked with her big grey eyes. God I was about to shatter her happiness.

"Molly I need you to listen very carefully to me okay?"

She gave me a confused look but I had her full attention.

I looked towards the two doctors for reassuring. Both gave me a faint smile.

"Mom and dad came home last night. They were in the house during the fire."

All happiness faded out of Mollys face. She was smart enough to understand what that meant. But she wouldn't believe it until I would say the words.

"Mom and dad are not coming back. They... they died."

"No they didn't. They were on date." She spoke with tears in her eyes.

I opened my arms and she didn't hesitate to fall into them.

"They can't be gone." She sobbed.

I gently rocked her back and forth as I stroked her hair. As I was holding her crying body I realized that I needed to be strong for her. She needed someone right now.

It felt like an eternity before Molly had calmed down a bit.

I loosened my grip around her to look at her face. "You still have me Molly and I'm not leaving you, never. I'm going to keep safe."

She looked up at me with her tear stained cheeks. "Promise?"

"Promise."

She burried her face in my chest again. A sudden wave of exhausting hit me when I looked down at her. I needed some fucking sleep.

I looked to Luke for help who thankfully understood me and nuggded Calum.

"Molly why don't we go back to your room?" Calum aksed in a way that was more an statement than a question.

The little girl hesitated but obeyed after I gave her a reassuring smile. I needed some time to process all this and having to fake a smile just for her is exhausting.

"You did great June." Luke said once it was just the two of us in the room.

My gaze caught Luke's eyes. "For now mabye."

"Don't think to much about what going to happen. All that matter right now is that you are there for her."

Yeah but who's going to there for me? That thought kept haunting my mind.