||Chapter 16: Feelings||

After the school incident, Tobio didn't talk to Kei. While Kei didn't mind it much, he still doesn't like being ignored – some would say he got it from Kuroo – but unlike Kuroo, Kei wasn't the type to talk things out if someone ignored him, instead he'd get mad or just...worry.

With Tobio, though, he'd worry.

Tobio had a thing for promises and Kei faked one out and outed him. Technically he was supposed to tell an adult about this so he wasn't in the wrong. But he did have Tobio lose his trust in him.

He groaned, already tired of thinking about emotions. He doesn't like them. To him, they felt weird and annoying and tiring.

Kuroo had picked him up from school today, like usual, and as soon as he was back home, the blonde flopped onto his bed and buried his face in his pillow. Kuroo passed by his room to prepare lunch and noticed his odd behavior. Normally he'd either be playing with his dino toys or listening to music if he didn't have homework.

He then decided he should go check if everything was okay.

"Go away" the alpha mumbled into his pillow, sensing his dad's pheromones get closer to him. But Kuroo being Kuroo, ignored him and made his way to his son.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No"

"Are you sure? Not sick or anything?"

Kei shook his head and Kuroo sighed, "Well, I just wanted to tell you that Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san are taking you guys to the beach tomorrow. So if you feel un-well or anything, tell me"

"Who's 'you guys'?" the boy asked, turning his head to face his dad. And Kuroo smiled.

"Tadashi, Tobio, Shoyo, and Hitoka"

Kei froze at Tobio's name. should he tell him about their situations? Kuroo always talked with Kenma when they fight and they always made up. Maybe he would know.

But he knows Kuroo wouldn't let him hear the end of it once he opens up to him.

"Who's Hitoka?" Kei asked instead, not familiar with the name.

"you'll meet her" Kuroo ruffled his hair and stood up, "Lunch will be ready in 10. Change your clothes."

Tell him. He thought as the Alpha was on his way out.

"Dad wait!" he sat up on his bed.

Kuroo stopped in his tracks and turned around, "yeah?"

"Uhm...can..." he struggled to make out a proper sentence. He doesn't know how he would even explain it, nor was he able to ask about it.

Kuroo was taken aback by his behavior. Him flopping on the bed was probably just a sign the boy was tired, but Kei stuttering??

"Is everything okay?" he asked again, growing more concerned by the second as he approached him.

Kei nodded, "um...can i...tell you something?"

"Sure" he sat on his desk's chair, "what's it about?"

In all honesty, Kuroo was curious. He has never seen Kei act this way and was interested on what he wanted to say that made him this flustered.

And he did. Kei told him everything about his relationship with Tobio so far and how he ruined it. Kuroo listened attentively, pulling the boy to his lap when his voice trembled as he spoke about Tobio ignoring him and getting disappointed at him.

Kei was just as surprised as his dad was when the tears started falling down his face. Kei never cried. Well not for stupid things like friendships. Kuroo hushed him, taking his glasses off and placed it on his nightstand, wiping the boy's tears away.