23_ Midnight Snack (Part 1)

Essence: A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fanficton

23_ Midnight Snack (Part 1)

Raph P.O.V-

                       *          *          *

Today was a good day. We hung out all day and it was as if Essence had been with us forever. We just talked and relaxed having fun, mostly just enjoying each other's company. We started playing truth or dare at around 10:30 but it didn't last very long, Essence fell asleep around 11:00 sprawled out on the couch lightly snoring, one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

"Essence, I dare you---"

"I think she's sleeping Raph." Donnie said to me with a smile. I gave her a loving look, not caring about how my brothers were going to talk shit about it later. I got up from my chair and walked over to her. I gently rubbed her hip and whispered in a soft sincere voice.

"Essence? Do you want me to take you to our room?" That's when I realized I said 'our' by mistake. I hoped nobody would notice, but my brothers sure did. They raised their nonexistent eyebrows at me and smirked. It didn't seem like she noticed though because she lazily turned her back to me (giving me a perfect view of her backside by the way.)  She grumbled into the couch and sighed.

"Just leave me here, I'm tired." She yawned and stretched out her legs.

I smiled and unwillingly lifted my hand from her curves. She whimpered as I took my hand away and I chuckled a bit. I made my way to my room and came back with a small red blanket from my childhood. I made my way over to the couch and gently laid the blanket over her body, it was the perfect size. I could tell she was smiling.

"Thank you..." she mumbled.

"No problem." I whispered and took my chance, I kissed her cheek. I could tell her smile widened as she buried her face in the blanket.

My brothers all gave me a cheeky look, I rolled my eyes.

"What?" I asked unamused.

"Oh Essence! Let me carry you around, hug you all the time, and do whateeever you tell me toooo!" Mikey said in a high pitch voice mocking me.

"I never said that!" I yelled trying to defend myself.

"But you act like it." Leo pointed out.

"I do not! And shut up before she hears you!"

They all laughed extremely loudly, having no concern for my princess. I kept shushing them trying to get them to be quiet, I didn't want them to wake her. After they finished their ridiculous laughing fit, Donnie spoke the magic words.

"Welp, I think I'm gonna hit the hay." He said with a yawn. "What about you fellas?"

"Yeah, I think I'm gonna go too, training starts again in the morning." Leo answered stretching.

Mikey was already cuddling up to a couch cushion on the floor so we knew what his answer was.

"You goin' to bed Raph?" Mikey asked rubbing his eyes and getting up from the floor.

I looked back at Essence. I felt bad leaving her on the couch like that but if it was what she wanted, I was going to go with it. I lightly kissed her cheek and ran my thumb over her face.

"Yeah, I'm going." I said, my voice sinking. My brothers knew I was upset, but they chose not to say anything. They all went to their rooms and I followed closely behind. That's when I realized... she's not going to be here forever. She was going to want to go home after a while, but then what was going to happen? Would she ever want to see us again? What if she doesn't? All I knew was, the bed was going to be cold that night, and I didn't like it.