11 - Heart is For Sale

Start from the beginning

I smile at myself in the mirror. Perfect!

"You look beautiful."

I jump from the sound of the voice. I turn to see Jongseong standing at my door frame. When did he get here?

"Jongseong," I let out with my eyes wide.

He's probably here because of what I said yesterday. I did leave the scene in a rush, so I didn't get to see what went down.

"Hey," He smiles.

"About yesterday-"

He puts his hand up, "I broke it to her nicely that I wasn't interested." Oh...

I look down and fiddle my fingers. Yuni must completely hate me right now. Well, at least we stand on the same boat about how we feel about each other.

"But that's not why I'm here," He says.

I look at him and raise my eyebrows. Then, what could it be?

"What I wanted to ask you yesterday before we got interrupted was.." He pauses. "If you wanted to go on a date... with... me?"

I gulp. No one has ever asked me out before. One thing Yuni did for sure get correct about me is that I do lack experience. So to have none other than Jongseong, my crush, ask me out... it feels like a dream, but a dream that I wouldn't mind ending.

Jongseong is the epitome of boyfriend material. I see him on the number one pedestal for that. But as time goes by, the rays of lights that I used to imagine every time I saw him, is slowly losing their light, and I can't put my finger on as to why.

Nevertheless, he's been someone I've always imagined holding hands with, watching the stars, and taking night strolls. So I answer...

"Of course," I say with a smile.

He gives me a big smile, "Aight... I'll text you this week, kay?" I nod smiling.

He starts to leave but then turns around, "Stay safe tonight. Don't get Jungwon in trouble."

I laugh, "I'll try not to."

As soon as Jongseong leaves, a few moments later, Jungwon enters my room. What's up with these boys not knocking?

My mind starts to itch as I see Jungwon. Those rays of light appear behind Jungwon as he approaches me, hair nicely done with his forehead showing, suit fitted just right...

"Kim Sunni?" Jungwon snaps his fingers in front of my face.

I blink a few times to get back into reality. Seriously, Kim Sunni, what's kind of stupid imagination you got there...

"Can you fix my tie?" He asks me. I automatically start to adjust his tie.

Suddenly, Jungwon makes me flinch as he touches my cheekbone.

"W-What are you doing? I stutter.

"Eyelash," he replies showing me my eyelash. Right.. gosh get yourself together girl!

He blows the eyelash away. "Ya!" I yell. "I was supposed to make a wish!"

"Oops, I already did," he smirks. "You were too late," he teases.

I scoff as I playfully push him, "You're so mean!"

At that moment, I start to hear purring. I look down to see Toto grazing against Jungwon's leg.

I pick up Toto, "I guess not that mean, Toto likes you."

Jungwon smiles as he starts to pet Toto.