.I.II.

❝When my time comes around

Lay me gently in the cold dark earth

No grave can hold my body down

I'll crawl home to her❞

Work Song, Hozier.

.A Searing Burst Of Light.

.Part Two.

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪

They'd just broke Milana out of the Orchid, there wasn't any sign of Pekka Rollins or anyone else who knew about the job. It was dark and peaceful as they walked to Dreesan's house, the only source of light was the lanterns and the moon. It was strangely quite quiet. Then again, they weren't in the main busy bustling city anymore.

"I really appreciate new business, but you've only paid for an hour of my time and I have to be back at the Orchid." The Heartrender said to Kaz from where she walked behind him and Ambrosia alongside Inej and Jesper.

"The Orchid isn't safe tonight. Your life's in danger with this job. Make yourself scarce for a few days afterwards," Kaz told Milana while Ambrosia wafted away a fly that had flow at her face.

"Mr. Brekker, are you threatening me? Really? Even if I'm nice, my boss will call the stadwatch on you." The Heartrender warned Kaz making him stop and turn around, Ambrosia following suit.

"It's not me you're in trouble with, it's Pekka Rollins," Kaz explained as he momentarily glanced at Ambrosia. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that she'd come back to him. It's been just over two years since the last time he'd seen her.

Kaz was waiting down by the bridge for her, he was looking out at the water watching the boats bop along the water. When Ambrosia silently stood next to him he turned to her, "happy birthday." He tried to muster up a smile for her as he handed her a box, when he saw her mood painted on her face he felt like she could do with that smile.

She opened the box and lifted up the beige crow skull pendant on the black rope, it's beak was black and as it went up it faded into the beige of the skull. It was clearly a necklace. "Thank you."

Ambrosia sighed strongly as she closed the box but kept tight hold of the necklace wrapped in her fingers. Kaz looked at her skeptically, he was waiting for her to say something. He could tell she wanted to.

"I'm leaving," she blurted sundenly.

"What?" Kaz asked, he wasn't quite sure he'd heard her correctly. Either that or he didn't believe her fully.