𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 2

Start from the beginning

"Holy shit" I exclaimed with a smile as I took a step forward, looking down at the island below us. It was truly amazing.

"Pretty cool, huh?" JJ chuckled, stepping beside me and looking out at the world.

"Yeah"

We went to a few more lighthouses and drove by small shops and stores. I never thought a small county like Kildare could be so fascinating. Soon enough it was already lunchtime.

JJ stopped by some little restaurant and ordered us some burgers. We sat outside at a picnic table, letting the cool ocean breeze flow through our hair as we talked about everything there is to talk about. I had just met this boy but it felt like I'd known him for years. I couldn't believe how well we were bonding. It was only the first date but I could feel myself liking him more and more as the day went on.

Eventually, we got our lunch and it was surprisingly good. JJ was constantly stealing my fries so I had to slap him every time his hand came in reach of my plate.

The tour ended up lasting way longer than I expected. I actually loved that it was longer. I got to spend more time with the blonde boy. He showed me a few could place to eat and places that have good ice cream and then we headed to the beach. He showed me the boneyard where they had millions of parties at.

And then......

Drum roll, please......

JJ gave me a tour of the beaches that were rarely crowded. I couldn't tolerate tons of people around me when I was sticking my toes in the sand or getting a tan. I loved the peace and the sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

"And here we have my personal favorite side of the beach" JJ announced, parking the van on the edge of the sand before hopping out. I followed him and watched as he kicked off his boots, throwing them in the back of the van. I did the same, pulling off my sandal before tossing them in the van.

I smiled as we walked down the shoreline with the waves washing against our feet. The sun was going down, casting an orange and pink shade on the sky. There was no one around but us as we continued walking, the backs of our hands brushing up against each other.

My cheeks heat up when I felt JJ's eyes on me. I avoid making eye contact so I wouldn't blush even harder.

"You know you're very beautiful" JJ spoke up, breaking the silence. An uncontrollable smile appeared on my lips as my face turned a rosy pink.

"I am not" I denied, shaking my head.

"Are you kidding? I've never seen anyone as beautiful as you" he stated with a chuckle as a cheesy grin grew on his face.

"You're just saying that" I rolled my eyes as I kicked up some sand.

"Nuh-uh!" JJ exclaimed, staring at me with his sparkling crystal eyes. "Okay look I'm gonna be honest. I.....I don't really do dates like this. Hell, I don't think I've ever actually dated someone but you—there's something different about you and whatever it is, I really like it. I really like you"

I looked up at him to see he was being sincere and truthful. I study his face. He had a soft expression. His eyes were beaming as the sky cast an orangish tone to his figure. There was something different about him as well. I'd never thought I'd catch feelings for a boy I barely knew so quickly. I got butterflies when I realized we had stopped walking and we were now standing closer than before.

"I can't believe I'm saying this because I know it's the first date but I really like you too" I claimed, making a smile dance across his face.

Before I knew it his one of his big hands were caressing my cheek. He pushing back a stray hair and tucked it behind my ear as my eyes flickered down to his lips. He leaned it, tilting his head making my eyes flutter closed as our lips connected. My hands found their way onto his shoulders while he deepened the kiss, pulling me closer.

My heart was beating out of my chest and my stomach was overflowing with butterflies. It was like fireworks were going off inside me. My lips fitted perfectly against his like how a hand fitted a glove. Our lips moved together in perfect unity making quiet little smacking sounds. Eventually, we pulled away looking into each other's eyes as we tried to caught our breath.

"Before we, uh, get too serious, I think we should maybe go on another date and see how things are?" I spoke, nodding my head as my eyes flickered up to his. I didn't want to just jump into a relationship with a guy I'd only know for about a day. "Cause I don't wanna jump in and then it not work out"

"Yeah, okay, that's perfect"