1/Welcome to junior year.

Start from the beginning

"Why is Hero talking to the virgin mary," I hear from behind me and I just shake my head as I hear laughter. Hero. His names Hero and by what I can tell Hero and his friends are dicks, like Mercy said.

I just look my head back into my notebook as the teacher comes in and starts to go over expectations and rules. The bell rings and I walk out of class as soon as I can to find Mercy at my next class. I go to my locker quickly and throw in the books I don't need and as soon as I close it the guy who first walked into class talking about me being the virgin mary is leaning against the locker next to mine which causes me to jump slightly. "Can I help you?" I ask.

"Jack's the name." He says smirking. "Okay Jack, how can I help you?"

"Oh pastor's daughter is fiesty." he laughs and I roll my eyes and walk away. I feel tears starting to form in my eyes, no not right now, don't let them get to you. It's just my first day.

The next four classes go by and I was with Mercy. She sat by me just to be nice, I don't think she wanted to but she did.

It's now lunch, what I was most afraid of. Being the loner that will sit alone and get made fun of. Which, from how today started that is only what I can expect to happen. I walk in and see Mercy and a few of her friends I'm guessing sitting together and Hero and those other guys sitting at a table with two other girls. Some girl is all over him, on his lap, kissing his neck and her moving his hands on places on her body. I squirm in disgust, who would wanna do that in school or technically in general? I don't care if their calling me virgin mary honestly, I'd rather be a virgin and wait till marriage as I should then give my virginity to some dick who uses girls in high school. I just grab my water and sit down at a table and get a book I started yesterday out. Five minutes later, the girl who was all over Hero walks up to me and sits right on the table. "Hi." she smiles.

I look up at her and nod, "Oh don't be shy, say hi back."

"What can I do for you?" I say and shove my book into my backpack annoyed and she grabs my backpack and I try grabbing it off her but she opens the front pocket of it and pulls out a rosary and holds it up in the air. "Aw, the virgin mary praying to her dear god and her dear daddy at school." I hear laughter around me. I try grabbing it out of her hand but she keeps putting her hand up higher and laughing until Mercy comes over, catching me off guard and grabs the rosary out of the girls hand and shoves it in my hands and pushes the girl right into the table and slaps her right across the face and I gasp.

The cafeteria is filled with gasps and swear words. "You may be able to mess with some other girls in this school but you can't be messing with her. Got me Ally?" she says kicking her foot and grabbing my backpack. "What-" I begin before she grabs my hand and pulls me to her table with her friends. She sits me down on the bench and plops right next to me. "Josephine, you will be sitting with us now." she smiles and I smile. "Thank you, really."

"No problem, you're a nice girl, I think we can all become friends. You'll fit in with us." she says and I look around the table at all the girls and smile to myself. "Welcome to junior year, Josephine." Mercy says and raises her water bottle and takes a sip of it.

The rest of the school day went fast and I got Mercy's number before I left and my mother picked me up.

"So, how was it?" My mother asks as I sip my water at the island and she's cooking pasta. "It was good. Different but it was okay."

Actually, the entire morning was terrible, thank god for Mercy though because I have no clue what I would do if she wouldn't of helped me. "That's great! How was lunch?"

"It was fine, I sat alone but I was perfectly fine alone." I set down my glass of water. "I'm gonna head to my room and change." I say and nods. I rush upstairs and shut my door. I place my backpack on my hardwood floor and take off my shoes. I step on the rug on my floor and go into my drawer and change into black leggings and a pink and grey hoodie. I'm not going to lounge in a dress, especially at home.