Chapter One ~ The Awakening

- June 20th, 2021

It was a hot summer day. I woke up to my mom yelling at me.

"Carson! Get the fuck down here and make me breakfast!" She screeched. 

I quickly got up and threw a lazy outfit on. I decided that there was no point in trying to look nice. It's not like my mom was going to take me anywhere. I put on some grey sweats and an old shirt from Justice that said "Live, Laugh, Love". It was one of my favorite shirts. I have had it since I was six years old. Still fits like a glove, too. A very tight glove that cuts off the blood supply going to my head and arms. Oh well, beauty is pain. 

After I get ready, I throw on some Birkenstock's and head to the kitchen. My mom was standing in there. She was leaning on the counter with a cup of coffee in her hand. When I walked in, she looked up at me. She had an upset look on her face. 

"Hey Pookie..." She said in a soft voice. 

"Um hi?" I replied. "Now will you get your fat ass out of the damn way? I have to make someone's breakfast." 

Mom started to sob. "Why do you hate me so much?" She wept. "I've always tried to be a good mother. I do everything you ask from me and I buy you shit all of the time!" 

I was furious. Why was she lying about this?? She has never been nice to me at all. Everything I get is from my dad. Sure, Mom used to buy me stuff often, but that was before she was arrested. Ever since she came back from jail, she has acted like a completely different person. 

"You do nothing for me!" I retorted. "You have been nothing but awful ever since you came back. I am getting real tired of your attitude mom. Fuck off and make your own damn breakfast. I am leaving this hell hole." 

Mom took her hands out of her head and looked at me with a very ugly look on her face. It reminded me of an ugly toad. I hate frogs. Mom then straightened up and wiped underneath her eyes. "You're right," She said. "I am being ridiculous." She threw the mug she had in her hand at me. It hit me right between the eyes. I doubled over in pain.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I screamed. "Psycho!" 

I ran out of the house as quick as I could. I just ran and ran with no where to go. After a few minutes of running. I stopped to take a breather. I felt around my pockets for my phone, but it wasn't there. Fuck! I thought. Now what am I going to do without my daily dose of Tom Felton edits? I'd die without seeing him or Draco's face all day! I started to think about Draco Malfoy, the love of my life. What'd I do to get in his sheets. Too bad he's fictional, I thought. 

As I was standing there contemplating what I should do, I heard a loud honk coming from behind me. Before I could turn around to see what the problem was, something huge hit me. Darkness clouded my vision as I fell to the ground, passing out immediately.

~

~

~

I awoke to someone standing over me. My vision was still blurry, but I saw their bleach-blonde hair and dark grey eyes.

"Hey!" He yelled. "Why are you just laying there?"

My vision started to clear up, and I could start to make out this person's facial features. That's when I froze. No, it can't be. I thought. It's impossible.

Standing above me was no other than Draco Lucius Malfoy himself, and he looked pissed.