Chapter 1: 1686

1686, Transylvania, the sky was dark, and full of the screams of the falling soldiers. The ground was flooded with blood, like water floods a river. It keeps on flowing. Every second during this war, a man falls, every minute 100 men fall, every hour an entire army falls to the hands of their enemy’s. Vladimir: Prince of Transylvania was leading his army to victory. But every victory comes at a price; nearly 20,000 people have died in this ‘great’ war. Not all wins are considered a victory. This is the final days of the war, and soon peace will be known throughout the land.

            ‘’Vladimir,’’ shouted Charles, the brave, second in command next to Vladimir, and his best friend. He entered in to the main tent not far from the battle. ‘’The Transylvania army is pulling through, I believe we have nearly won this war, after years of fighting.’’ At the very end of the tent stood The Prince, and a few other soldiers hunched over a map of the area, devising a war plan. Vladimir was more than pleased to hear this, but his face did not show any signs of joy. Vladimir was a man in his early 20s, who has known war all his life. His father died in war, as did his father before him, and he feared every battle could be his last. ‘’Every war, needs a break only to start back up again in a few years, what makes this victory any different from the last?’’ He asked, as he approached his friend. ‘’The army has fallen, a surrender is taking place, I think after generations of fighting, I think we have finally won.’’ Charles laughed, showing a complete opposite expression Vladimir has shown.

            They both exit the tent, as the sun was rising. It was still dark, but ending this war had released the light of a new beginning to the kingdom. The two friends pushed through what was left of the Transylvanian army, to meet the men that have surrendered. When they finally reached the middle there was only one man remaining, for the others have been killed before they approached. ‘’This is Jessie, the fearless. He is the last that remains of the others. We thought it was best if you killed him, my lord.’’ A man spoke.

            Not much was known about Jessie, the fearless. Except for three things, he always wears a helmet large enough to cover his face, so his identity is left a mystery. All that is known is his name. His name represents him very well, he lives up to it, for he is fearless. He shows no mercy in battle, and commits death-defying acts of bravery for his people. The last thing that is known is that he is an enemy of the Transylvanian army, and will receive no mercy.

            As Vladimir stared down at this man all he could think about is disgust. He will receive no mercy, he thought, as he picked up a nearby sword. ‘’This man will pay for what he has done.’’ He shouted as loudly as he could, so his army could hear. ‘’He has killed thousands of our people, our friends, and family. It is time to make him pay, what has happened tonight; at this finial battle will not be forgotten. For this is the day we will remember as the day we have won, and the day this man’s identity will be revealed.’’ The army was screaming cheers of joy, as Vladimir was about to remove the man’s helmet. ‘’I hope you’re ready for the world to see you as you really are.’’ He whispered to Jessie. ‘’I hope you still see me as your enemy when you do.’’ He replied. As he did Vladimir removed his helmet for all to see.

            The man was not what the people expected. They all expected a scared up face, from years of battle; a man who hid in the daylight, and fought at night. What they saw was not even a man at all, but a woman. ‘’Oh my gosh, you’re a girl.’’ He mustered the words out. They were all in complete shock, even Vladimir. ‘’Hello sweetie.’’ She said. ‘’And the names Jessiabell, the fearless.’’ The prince and the soldiers were surprise. She was the last thing they expected. Well everyone else was in shock Jessiabell was more than pleased with the situation. ‘’What were you expecting a man?’’ She laughed, enjoying herself. Others did not feel the same. Vladimir was more angry than amused. ‘’Well what are you waiting for, you have to kill me now.’’ She didn’t sound that worried. She’s a soldier, and most are prepared to die in name of their kingdom.